Cycle Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Carrier

Looking to see if anyone had bought a suitable bike carrier for their ds3? Only really for one bike most if the time

If so where did you get it from and do you have a link?

Don't know if the rear mount type are best and cheapest way to go or is roof bars etc the best.

If its on the roof, do I need to buy the bars then the carrier or is there an all in one that fits?

Like always as cheapest options that do the job works for me, as weather in Scotland ain't ever the best so its not like this will get used all the time

Sent from my Razr via tapatalk
    In the immortal words of Ari Gold .... Lets hug it out bitch !!!!!

DS3 Style Plus 1.6 VTI 120bhp, White/Black

I just got the proper roof bars from my local dealer. Cost £120 but are proper ones and look ok, but I also got the replacement rails also as will leave mine on for a period, cos will look bit rough without them, and then I got 2 x Thule 951 pro rider cycle clamps as these for the money are by far the best out there, only payed £110 with post for them.

Comment

I've tried a number of different options over the years and concluded that the best way of doing it is to a use towbar mounted rack. Not the cheapest option but it will safeguard your car against damage and the rack can be used on other cars.

The Atera Strada 2 is the best option in my opinion.

To get best value from it start cycling in the rain!
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion, but going through a relationship breakup right now after 20 years together and buying my house, so that sort of money plus towball on top of that is just not in my price range for a long time

That's why I want to get use of my bike more, need to get out, find a life etc etc and cycling costs me very little money and gets me healthy again.

Sob story over now I promise lol

Anyone else got any suggestions to help

Sent from my Razr via tapatalk
        In the immortal words of Ari Gold .... Lets hug it out bitch !!!!!

DS3 Style Plus 1.6 VTI 120bhp, White/Black

Comment

Working...
        X