No announcement yet.

Is it just me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love to listen to drivers saying there car's handling is crap....... Going round corners fast is not rocket science it's all about braking/entry speed position in the
    corner and when to plant your foot on the exit.
    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

^

Very true, nothing worse than entering a corner too fast and then having to brake through it. Slow in, fast out is the mantra here.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

-- This post has been removed by the user --
        Last edited by PX54; 14-03-2012, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by PX54 View Post
          I believe the majority of reviewers said that the Mini does handle slightly better than the DS3 (when compared to equal models)
          Comparing it with the Clio 200 Cup and Civic Type R - two approx 200bhp cars, which as the names suggest are more set up for 'racing' generally can surely only be seen as trying to put the DS3 down.
          I'm certainly not trying to put down the car as i still think it is a great car. The point i was trying to make was that with it being a sport (and 150bhp in my case) i expected the car to be built slightly more with sporty driving in mind which i personally think that the suspension and handling has more comfort in mind.
          I didn't mean to offend anyone or put down the car because i am still happy with my DS3 regardless.

Comment

LUFC Lad- Its a free country, (And clubsite if you dont pay the Tenner)
            and youre entitled to speak your mind

Dont worry bout offending people- most of us tough as old boots

Did you get yer scratch sorted?

CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Did you get yer scratch sorted?

CBLUE
              Got it booked in Friday morning . I just hope they do a good job....

Comment

LUFC Lad- Good luck- mine looks very slightly pin prick marked like the prep work
                wasnt that great and miniscule pieces dirt under the paint/lacquer in a couple places

Its not that noticeable so my advice - HAVE A GOOD LONG LOOK when you collect

Feel a bit guilty taking it back after I OKd it at the time

But might do after having a bit of thinking time

Might just be being a bit obsessve!

CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by lufc_lad View Post
                  I have chucked it round corners fast and i didn't feel very confident it would go any faster. Don't get me wrong, i still think the car is a great car and it will be even better when i get some new springs for it. But i've spent a lot of time in my mates Clio 200 Cup and Civic Type R. I've also seen a lot of reviews that say the Mini Cooper S is far better in the corners which disappointed me. Overall though that is my only niggle with the car.
                  However its not a Cooper S or a Civic R its a DS3 Dervsoil so unfair to compare, if you wanted the sports you should have bought one.
                  chucked mine thru the country lanes last night out the back of Dublin airport great fun and not the lack of feel i had in the Fr which had 110more Bhp than my little 90 horse 3000km on mine now and loving it no mods still bog standard the odd little rattle but with 17" alloys not really surprised and the roads are sh1te here stick with it iron out the niggles and grow to love
                  There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

Comment

If your coming from an E46 M3 then of course you'll be dissapointed by the pace. The S54 engine is one of the finest straight 6's ever made revving to nearly 9k RPM. I just came from one and yes the speed in my THP 155 is lacking but what do you expect? The M3 was a 50k+ car when new and came with a lot of toys as standard.
                    You can't compare a N/A straight 6 to a 4 pot diesel.
                    Biggest issue for me is getting used to a manual again and front wheel drive.

If your anything like me you'll never be 100% satisfied with ANY car you buy. I fell into this trap and when money was better i had some very nice cars. Nissan GT-R, C63 AMG down to a Fiat 500 Abarth. In all my DS3 is car #7 in just over 2 years and my poor old wallet is feeling it now

Despite the nice cars i've had all have had faults and things I didn't like but i guess thats just the way i am - nothing will be perfect and those little niggles can turn you off a car quickly if your not careful.
                    My DS3 is one of the cheaper cars I've had but i'm really enjoying it. Yes, the sound system isnt great and the brakes not what i'm used to but their fine for daily driving. I'm hoping I've turned the corner now in always wanting something better.

Try and enjoy it and look past the faults you see. I can't comment on the HPI but for me, the DS3 is a cracking little car.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      LUFC Lad- Good luck- mine looks very slightly pin prick marked like the prep work
                      wasnt that great and miniscule pieces dirt under the paint/lacquer in a couple places

Its not that noticeable so my advice - HAVE A GOOD LONG LOOK when you collect

Feel a bit guilty taking it back after I OKd it at the time

But might do after having a bit of thinking time

Might just be being a bit obsessve!

CBLUE
                      I'm the same, if its not a good job it will always be on my mind. So i really hope they do a good job :/

Comment

just a little note about the traction control/ESP, if you really wanted it off there is a way of getting round it by making the system go into fault mode just as long as you don't turn the ignition off it should stay like that. you know if you wanted to use it on the track for example
                        Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by Tony DS3 View Post
                          I love to listen to drivers saying there car's handling is crap....... Going round corners fast is not rocket science it's all about braking/entry speed position in the
                          corner and when to plant your foot on the exit.
                          Thanks for explaining that to me!

Originally posted by matt2012 View Post
                          If your coming from an E46 M3 then of course you'll be dissapointed by the pace. The S54 engine is one of the finest straight 6's ever made revving to nearly 9k RPM. I just came from one and yes the speed in my THP 155 is lacking but what do you expect? The M3 was a 50k+ car when new and came with a lot of toys as standard.
                          You can't compare a N/A straight 6 to a 4 pot diesel.
                          Biggest issue for me is getting used to a manual again and front wheel drive.

If your anything like me you'll never be 100% satisfied with ANY car you buy. I fell into this trap and when money was better i had some very nice cars. Nissan GT-R, C63 AMG down to a Fiat 500 Abarth. In all my DS3 is car #7 in just over 2 years and my poor old wallet is feeling it now

Despite the nice cars i've had all have had faults and things I didn't like but i guess thats just the way i am - nothing will be perfect and those little niggles can turn you off a car quickly if your not careful.
                          My DS3 is one of the cheaper cars I've had but i'm really enjoying it. Yes, the sound system isnt great and the brakes not what i'm used to but their fine for daily driving. I'm hoping I've turned the corner now in always wanting something better.

Try and enjoy it and look past the faults you see. I can't comment on the HPI but for me, the DS3 is a cracking little car.
                          Your 100% right there. I love and miss my m3 and i just sold the 330ci last weekend as well so maybe im a bit bitter. like some said previously it could be buyers regret which will wear off
                          '07 e92 320d
                          '58 e93 330d
                          '12 DS3 110 eHDi Airdream
                          '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
                          '13Mercedes E-Class coupe
                          '02 E46 M3

Comment

Got the rattles sorted yesterday though and its MUCH better. I know ill learn to love it after it gets its personalizing touches. also having a c3 courtesy car did make me appreciate that interior finish and handling more. c3 handling is hilarious. got in my mates 530d yesterday too and i remember it being so much smoother and quieter than my ds3 (obviously im not comparing the two directly) but actually it really wasn't. i think ive been too harsh on the car.
                            '07 e92 320d
                            '58 e93 330d
                            '12 DS3 110 eHDi Airdream
                            '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
                            '13Mercedes E-Class coupe
                            '02 E46 M3

Comment

Yay Sameer! Happy times!!! Like Bigfeet said maybe just a bit of 'buyers regret' its a huge expenditure so you're going to question your purchase! Hopefully the love will grow from here ;-)
                              2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
                              2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
                              1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Sameer just noticed from your signature that your doing a E36 track car. Now that without a doubt is nice handling car.
                                Originally posted by cyclone
                                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                                Originally posted by Broda
                                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                                X