My new DS3 HDI 110 Dsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new DS3 HDI 110 Dsport

Well it's arrived - actually yesterday but I've been busy driving for some reason ;-).

First impressions were good - looked great on the back of the transporter and after they had reversed it off it was time to have a look around.

Interior.

First impressions were good although it's obvious some of the plastics are low grade but the overriding impression was one of incredible sturdiness - it just feels so well screwed together and the premium materials are used in all the right areas. Got to say that the dials are the best on any car I've ever owned or driven - they look bloody superb !

The seats are supportive and getting a decent driving position is easy enough and the steering wheel feels quality. Not so high quality are the stalks for the lights, cruise etc - cheap plastics here that don't feel high grade enough in my opinion.

Space wise seems plenty of room and the boot is a great size too - glove box is laughable though, seriously if you can't even fit the handbook in you need to rethink the design!

External

Love the drl's but wish they would stay on with side lights etc. The car certainly gets plenty of attention and it's strange when everyone looks and stares - makes you feel good though. Mine is Cherry Red with black roof and alloys - it looks great with the dark rear windows and the twin exhaust adds a nice touch at the back.

Driving

After reading the thread about one owners disappointment with his HDI I went into this with lower expectations but boy was I wrong! The whole feel of the car is superb on the road - it feels incredibly tight and agile.

Whilst some road noise from the 17" alloys does intrude at high speed I think it's one of the quietest cars I've been in - very little wind noise and apart from a throaty roar when opening up the throttle very subdued engine noise. Colour me impressed.

Whilst the engine is still invariably tight after just 200 miles the pickup and go is mightily impressive for a 1.6 diesel - very addicting too which isn't too promising on the fuel front! Love the roar as it picks up the revs and it pulls right through the gears - in fact the only gear where I feel the gearing is disappointing is the 6th gear - its very long and pick up is not as keen as the other gears - not a major problem to drop into 5th but I feel it's there for economy which is fine as long as aware of it.

So overall I'm thrilled - cant stop driving the thing and the wife thinks I'm very sad but I love my DS3! I am so glad I went with this over the Audi A1 - I see so many of them on my daily run that I like the somewhat exclusivity of the DS and the feedback form colleagues and friends has been overwhelmingly positive.

Any way time for bed and then up for my 70 mile commute to work :-)

Nice post and glad to see you are enjoying your new ride.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Markm49uk View Post
      Love the drl's but wish they would stay on with side lights etc
      This Can Be Easily Sorted

Comment

Frogs Zack, remember the Frogs.......!

Good post, what did you come out of for the DS?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I find mine pulls away quite nicely in 6th at about 70-75.

There are a couple of hills around my way and I like the way I can accelerate up them as if they didn't exist.

Comment

well another appy ds3-er hope ya enjoy many a mile in her :cool:
            e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
            Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
              Frogs Zack, remember the Frogs.......!

Good post, what did you come out of for the DS?
              A Yaris T-Sport - like shit off a stick but raw in terms of ride and noise - this was my little run around after I was mde redundant a couple of years ago. Before that I had Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 which was an awesome car but I must admit the DS3 is more fun - more refined then the A3 at speed.

Comment

Working...
              X