Time to say goodbye...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to say goodbye...

So I have sold my DS3, after owning it for just over a year.

Much as I enjoyed the car, having to have a replacement engine at 6.5k miles and with so many reported THP problems, I've decided not to hang about to see if the next one does the same thing. The annual mileage I do now is so low I might not reach that mileage again until I'm out of warranty which is too scary a thought.

Good points: lovely little car to drive, very well equipped for the price

Bad points: THP engine dogged with a lot of problems, Citroen customer service leaves a lot to desired, not even an apology after being with car for 5 weeks whilst new engine was fitted

Was good fun while it lasted
    White/Black
    1.6 THP

Good luck with your new motor

Just hope I dont have the same issues as you- surely the majority of THPs are
    going strong into their 20-30k mileage?

Did you have problems from day one- or just a one off blown engine?

Regards

CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

No doubt there are some which are fine but that risk, coupled with the fact that only really use the car at weekends since I have moved within walking distance of my work place means I couldn't really justify the money going out my account every month for it any more.

It was a one off blown engine, but that's really one more than I'd have liked from an 8 month old car
      White/Black
      1.6 THP

Comment

Fair comment ASCENSION - mines a JUNE 2011 build

So am hoping the issues were with the earlier engines

Doubt I would recommend a 2010 model to anyone- but would imagine most are OK

Enjoy your new motor
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

My DS3 has also gone today! In general it's been a very good little car but I decided that it didn't make sense anymore to have 2 cars ( a big 'un and a little 'un) so I've settled on one medium sized car (Kia Sportage KX3 Satnav Auto for those that are wondering).

Looking back at the DS3 I don't agree with all the negative points that were posted the other day by another user - I think it does handle and brake extremely well. Mine was a remapped 90 and went like the clappers. It was generally well built and I didn't have any mechanical issues whatsoever. The only frustration was that this build quality ran out when it came to the interior which was like a thousand rattles flying in close formation (particularly when cold).

As I traded it in I've taken out the Alpine CDE126-BT radio which I'll be advertising for sale on here along with all the wiring necessary for a DS3.

Good luck everyone with your cars!

Liam

Comment

You Swapped Your DS3 For A Kia... O.O

Comment

Originally posted by telephoneman View Post
              The only frustration was that this build quality ran out when it came to the interior which was like a thousand rattles flying in close formation (particularly when cold).
              This would have been my only other niggle with the car, any little rattle drives me insane whilst driving and in 2 years and 30,000 miles in my BMW previous to the DS3 there were none, even in a high mileage 6 year old car.

Fingers crossed your Kia won't have any!
              White/Black
              1.6 THP

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                You Swapped Your DS3 For A Kia... O.O
                yes, and now I have 2 cupholders and no rattles LOL

Comment

Working...
                X