Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy Driving Feet

Hello all

The 'nicest' car I have driven is the 2000 Rover 25 1.4 that I currently own, and I have been thinking about buying a new car for a while now. Something that feels nice to sit in, and something that has a bit of performance.

I did a search on a broker type web site for cars that would do 0-60 in 7-10 seconds, costing £10000-15000, and up popped the Citroen DS3. Straight away I became interested in the THP, and went searching for people's opinions on the car. This brought me to DS3 club, and the revelation that THP's tend to need engine replacements at a young age. :eek:

Now I am interested in the Diesel 110 Dsport Plus. Everything that people say about it makes me think that it could transform my drive to work, so I'm thinking about going for a test drive on Monday.

Out of interest, did those of you who used Finance go for the Elect 3 thing, or get a separate loan? Could anyone give me an example of what an Elect 3 deal would look like?

Thanks

Paul.

Although many people have had problems with the THP it is still a fantastic engine and the only engine to go for in my opinion. My THP 150 is now a year old, done 5k and i've not had a problem yet. I would advise testing driving both engines, and then you can also decide if you like the rest of the car. In terms of comfort and interior build, no other small hatchback will be able to match it.
    As for finance, i went for a personal loan as the dealers refused to match close to the monthly payments i could get from a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Human after all View Post
      Hello all

The 'nicest' car I have driven is the 2000 Rover 25 1.4 that I currently own, and I have been thinking about buying a new car for a while now. Something that feels nice to sit in, and something that has a bit of performance.

I did a search on a broker type web site for cars that would do 0-60 in 7-10 seconds, costing £10000-15000, and up popped the Citroen DS3. Straight away I became interested in the THP, and went searching for people's opinions on the car. This brought me to DS3 club, and the revelation that THP's tend to need engine replacements at a young age. :eek:

Now I am interested in the Diesel 110 Dsport Plus. Everything that people say about it makes me think that it could transform my drive to work, so I'm thinking about going for a test drive on Monday.

Out of interest, did those of you who used Finance go for the Elect 3 thing, or get a separate loan? Could anyone give me an example of what an Elect 3 deal would look like?

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul. Welcome. Bought mine for cash, I have test driven the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol and then drove the 1.6 diesel and was sold on the latter. Ordered 4/2 delivery 24/3.
      Enjoy but take your time. No rush. Took me 6 months to decide!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Paul- In my opinion it was the 2010 DFS3s when first out that had the THP engine problems

And percentage wise I would like to know how many of them had problems
        I reckon bout 1 in 20 at absolute most but thats a complete Guess!

Around 1800 members on here and how many owners with major issues? - bout 20 or less?

There are a few that take the mickey out of the THP 150 on here, but it is still the fastest
        DS3 of the lot, other than the DS3r which is way up pricier.

It gets up the speedo real quick too, when the TURBO warms up- a real kick boost feeling

Its a great- better than any DIESEL lump IMO

I personally dont go in for the mechanical modifications as I think it puts extra pressure on an engine
        And remapping- not really. Not saying I wouldnt but why? on a specification of a car I chose in the first place!

And I am certainly thinking DS3r

So good luck with your decision
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Re my last message

1,939 members as of 1 minute ago

CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Go to the dealers this weekend as they have a special DS event due to the launch of the DS5

Comment

Hi

Re the Elect 3 some people have given some illustrations in this thread http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...aking-the-p**s

I've had me E-HDI 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it!! I only test drove the 90 version so when I got mine it literally made me squeal when I put my foot down. I'm currently getting 55.3mpg with a mix of road and motorway. The mpg is fantastic on the motorway and open roads it's just the stopping and then accelerating off through the towns I think brings the average down. Overall I love it. Hope you enjoy your test drive! Let us know what you decide!
              2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
              2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
              1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

I had been really tempted by the THP, for all of the reasons that lufc_lad and Chris said. I think I would be too worried about the engine though if I owned one of them. Plus, the fastest thing I've owned is a 1.4 Rover 25, so I'm sure the 110 diesel will seem like immense fun to me.

Thanks for the link, Jen. I have been kicking around the idea of buying various different cars over the last several months, so I think now is the time to go and have a test drive - probably of the 110 Diesel. By the way, that fuel economy is still pretty fantastic.

Comment

Go on- test drive the THP - I dare ya!

Lifes too short to worry bout fuel savings all the time

Like Clarkson says- its like comparing a meat eater to a vegetarian!

Anyway- whatever you get you'll love it!
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hehe. I almost don't want to know how good it is for fear of buying it, then having the engine die after 12000. You'd hope that Citroen would have realised that the engine failures were a problem, and corrected the problem on 2011 and 2012, but at the moment I don't want to risk it.

Another question - I noticed that the Sat Nav is not included as an option on the DSport plus. Does that mean it comes with it, or that you just can't have it?

Comment

I think the plus models all just come as they are! It's the mass production that means you get such a good deal on the price. I really wanted a thorium grey one so just went for the regular sport.
                      2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
                      2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
                      1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Oh, ok. I am interested in a black car anyway, and I also saw that if you have the Sat Nav, you can't have the USB connection.

Comment

Definately try the THP. Mine is a 10 plate, done 14,000 miles so far with no problems. Having said that the 110 HDi is a cracking car too and no slouch.

Comment

The modern diesels really are outstanding engines - I've had mine a couple of days now (110 e-hdi) and I love it - it's remarkably strong for a 1.6 and pulls strongly through the gears.

The stop start is a bit disconcerting to start with - just feels very odd when the car just cuts out but it starts immediately when pressing the clutch so it doesn't impact on your driving at all. Perhaps if I was keeping the car longer term (2 year lease) then I'd be a little worried on how all this stop starting puts stress on the various part of the engine but as I'm not it's a great feature!

Comment

Originally posted by Markm49uk View Post
                              The modern diesels really are outstanding engines - I've had mine a couple of days now (110 e-hdi) and I love it - it's remarkably strong for a 1.6 and pulls strongly through the gears.

The stop start is a bit disconcerting to start with - just feels very odd when the car just cuts out but it starts immediately when pressing the clutch so it doesn't impact on your driving at all. Perhaps if I was keeping the car longer term (2 year lease) then I'd be a little worried on how all this stop starting puts stress on the various part of the engine but as I'm not it's a great feature!
                              The stop start thing - does the engine switch off whenever you put the handbrake on, or do you have to put the car into neutral?

Comment

Working...
                              X