Got a hole in my Carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
    It the carpet it is shite! Obviously Citroen forgot about the "premium" part when it came to the carpet?
    Clair, Citroen have not got back to me and its been 5 weeks now. The garage hasnt bothered to contact me again to tell me anything.
    I have sent autoexpress magazine the photo's to see what they think! Will keep you posted!
    Thanks Paul, let me know how you get on. My husband is not impressed especially as he works in the industry. Only carpets his work dunt make for is Citroen/Pug, Honda and Nissan i think. Typical!! if they made for citroen he could have got us a few spares lol Like you say they have forgot the Premium part of it, bit annoyed really when i have had cars at more than half the price of the DS3 and the carpet has been much better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
      Weird Driving Position Maybe ?
      Originally posted by Clairt83 View Post
      Dunno, probably me somehow, but never had this problem before, been driving the same for 12 years and this is my sixth car, the 1st with this problem.
      When I first got mine I noticed that my left foot was rubbing when pressing down on the clutch pedal, after a while I must have subconsciously adjusted my foot position as I don't do it anymore. I've never noticed this in my previous cars, maybe Citroen have made the distance between the clutch pedal & the footrest smaller than other manufacturers, could be something to do with the right hand drive version.
      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
        When I first got mine I noticed that my left foot was rubbing when pressing down on the clutch pedal, after a while I must have subconsciously adjusted my foot position as I don't do it anymore. I've never noticed this in my previous cars, maybe Citroen have made the distance between the clutch pedal & the footrest smaller than other manufacturers, could be something to do with the right hand drive version.
        I think i must have my foot further over to the left on the clutch but its how i have always drove. Must be the design like you say, the distance between the clutch pedal and footrest must be closer together. I will see how Paul gets on and if no luck with Citroen fixing it, i have a black marker pen that will cover it up lol

Comment

Wot about wearing slippers Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Regan21 View Post
            Wot about wearing slippers Paul.
            Well i might as well, but like i said i only have size 9 feet so not exactly mr big feet!

Got to be honest, don't expect any joy from Citroen. And the Citroen dealership has done nothing to change my opinion of their poor customer service. To me, the french car dealerships have a lot to learn when it comes to helping customers.
            I know that if I had discovered a hole in my carpet on my Toyota Yaris, I would not be still waiting nearly 6 weeks later for a phone call, they would have bent over backwards to help me.
            Last edited by pauljack; 09-05-2012, 18:59.

Comment

I checked the position of my foot this morning when i pressed the clutch and with my work shoes it dosent even rub against the carpet, so im going to try my other foot wear too to see if they rub the carpet. Anyway Steve (husband) is going to get me some carpet from work so i can patch it, they use to make carpets for Citroen but that was a few years ago, he had a word with his mate in production yesterday and he said it sound like the same cheap fibre they make for the mini lol. So now i have found that out i dont klnow which is worse having a hole in the carpet or patching it up with Mini carpet lol

Comment

I reckon you should get an Auto, no clutch pedal problem solved :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by B19PPh View Post
                  I reckon you should get an Auto, no clutch pedal problem solved :rolleyes:
                  nah, auto is for lazy people lol :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
                    Went to car a few days ago and happened to notice a hole the size of a lemon (any small fruit will do!) next to the clutch
                    pedal. It is obviously from my foot brushing against it with changing gear? The thing is, in all my years of driving and owning cars with varing mileages I have never come across bald carpet in the footwell? Well, not on a 10 month old 20k mileage car in any case. Went to the dealership today and she took pics for warrenty claim but said it would prob be wear and tear and if they did put new carpet down it would probably just do it again! - Ah ok then! I know lets not bother then shall we? Lets leave it and make it look like a banger with 120k on the clock!
                    Poor standard of carpet by the looks of it! Anyone else had issues with wearing carpet? - sounds like a bizarre question to ask I know lol [ATTACH=CONFIG]3212[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3213[/ATTACH]
                    Just hoovered out my DS3 this evening and noticed I too have a a bald patch in the carpet in exactly the same place about the size of a 20p piece and this is after just 3 months of ownership
                    sigpic

Comment

It's the switch from Left hand drive to Right. Citroen don't seem to change anything in their cars when making them for our market..hence the really crap space in the glove compartment. If you were driving a Left hand version the space around the clutch would be a lot greater and so no problems with the carpet. Still, it's pretty crap quality for what is supposed to be a premium car! Can't remember ever having this problem in 32 years of driving and I will be keeping a beady eye on our carpet once the car arrives in August. Have to say though, I wear very light shoes most of the time so I don't anticipate any problems, also never rubbed up against the carpet during the test drive. It's something we particularly checked for.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                        Just hoovered out my DS3 this evening and noticed I too have a a bald patch in the carpet in exactly the same place about the size of a 20p piece and this is after just 3 months of ownership

well i heard nothing back from Citroen so just putting it down to shite carpet, the dealer is pants too for not getting back about it!

Comment

Im taking the car in on Sat for a check and the alloys looking at and i am going to mention the carpet. The husband is coming with me as backup (who works in the industry that supplys carpets to car manufacturers and knows his stuff) I will let you know how i get on. Doubt owt will get done about it tho.

Comment

my hole is pretty big, to be honest im not going to try and get it fixed as it will probably happen again. The room down there simply is not big enough. Its still the best clutch and gearbox ive ever used (although ive driven some crap). I guess its like trying to stop the front bumper from getting stone chips, its just inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
                              my hole is pretty big, to be honest im not going to try and get it fixed as it will probably happen again. The room down there simply is not big enough. Its still the best clutch and gearbox ive ever used (although ive driven some crap). I guess its like trying to stop the front bumper from getting stone chips, its just inevitable.
                              Ben you have just about summed it up. Who gets down on their hands and knees to look anyway. On the point of stone chips only you know where they are and it makes your car even more unique.
                              sigpic

Comment

Dont even need to bend down that far to see it just open the door and look down you can see it. The point is the DS range is suppose to be a Premium range but the carpet is where they have really cut costs. All im going to ask is if they will fix for free as its not fit for purpose as carpets are tested for wear and tear etc so should last a bit longer than it has.

Comment

Working...
                                X