No announcement yet.

Got a hole in my Carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben I understand you have weird shaped feet no?

Best thing to do is lift the carpet on that side, underneath that the clutch rest should just be a plastic foam box. Pull it out and shave an inch of it or so and then pop it back into place. That should hopefully stop your foot catching the side and causing the wear.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
      Ben I understand you have weird shaped feet no?

Best thing to do is lift the carpet on that side, underneath that the clutch rest should just be a plastic foam box. Pull it out and shave an inch of it or so and then pop it back into place. That should hopefully stop your foot catching the side and causing the wear.
      Biggee, do you tell your customers how to do this just before they take delivery of their shiny new premium brand ds3? "Thank you for your business, and by the way, in 3 months if you have average size feet and drive normally, you will notice a big hole start to appear in the carpet at the side of the clutch, don't panic! its not our fault for fitting crappy carpet, it's your fault for using shoes/trainers to drive in and you should have really got a pair of citroen carpet slippers. But lucky for you I have a simple remedy ..............................." lol
      Last edited by pauljack; 29-06-2012, 17:54.

Comment

No hole in mine- 1 year on

That make me strange?

CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
          Biggee, do you tell your customers how to do this just before they take delivery of their shiny new premium brand ds3? "Thank you for your business, and by the way, in 3 months if you have average size feet and drive normally, you will notice a big hole start to appear in the carpet at the side of the clutch, don't panic! its not our fault for fitting crappy carpet, it's your fault for using shoes/trainers to drive in and you should have really got a pair of citroen carpet slippers. But lucky for you I have a simple remedy ..............................." lol
          Lol!! It's not my fault you drive 'goofy' foot

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

That make me strange?

CBLUE
            Stranger than you know Chris, stranger than you know!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              Lol!! It's not my fault you drive 'goofy' foot
              I'm devastated as this must also apply to me lol. I noticed it while taking mine out yesterday. I'm driving to adjust but if not I'll just do what Biggie suggested and manually adjust the foot rest block. Biggie I take it this would go unnoticed and wont impact on warranty or anything? Unless I sneeze when making the alteration and make a right mess of it lol.

sigpic
              Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

^ It would be a harsh dealer who vetoed to work on your car if you did!

Don't worry this is done with customer who drive with left foot accelerators and doesn't upset warranty.
                Last edited by Bigfeet; 24-08-2012, 08:57.

Comment

Mine got a frecking big hole @ 35k so what I done made. Plate up out alloy. Like alloy foot rest and stuck it down it lOok like it ment to be there

Comment

There is obviously a problem with this poopey carpet :mad:

Comment

well when i come to sell it il get a sharpie and bobs your uncle!

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
                        well when i come to sell it il get a sharpie and bobs your uncle!
                        I have just done that myself but I dont have an Uncle Bob!
                        sigpic

Comment

Just noticed the same problem today, garbage:mad:
                          1.6 HDI DStyle
                          http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8259/8...4a132f9d_t.jpg
                          IMG_8980 by scotty2k0, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by scott76 View Post
                            Just noticed the same problem today, garbage:mad:
                            Try the Sharpie trick. It works!
                            sigpic

Comment

well update since i started this thread, hole is bigger now and getting bigger. Not going to do anything about it till it goes in Dec!

Comment

No matter what mats are in a car I drive, they always wear where my foot is. I imagine it wearing quicker is down to being stuck in traffic alot or on roads where you change gear quite a bit, motorway drivers probably won't be affected by it as much.

Anybody know anywhere that sells tailored DS3 mats? I fancy getting some for special occasions lol
                                http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                                Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Working...
                                X