Got a hole in my Carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a hole in my Carpet!

Went to car a few days ago and happened to notice a hole the size of a lemon (any small fruit will do!) next to the clutch
    pedal. It is obviously from my foot brushing against it with changing gear? The thing is, in all my years of driving and owning cars with varing mileages I have never come across bald carpet in the footwell? Well, not on a 10 month old 20k mileage car in any case. Went to the dealership today and she took pics for warrenty claim but said it would prob be wear and tear and if they did put new carpet down it would probably just do it again! - Ah ok then! I know lets not bother then shall we? Lets leave it and make it look like a banger with 120k on the clock!
    Poor standard of carpet by the looks of it! Anyone else had issues with wearing carpet? - sounds like a bizarre question to ask I know lol Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	363833Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0045.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	363834

P.S
    I have hoovered the carpet since so no jibes about it needing hoovering! Also, I have size 9 feet so its not as though they are unfeasibly big!

Comment

I brought a set of mats so if anything's gonna wear out it'll be the mats not the carpet.
      Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

I have mats, its at the side not on the floor!

Comment

Repair and change your foot position?

Not noticed any wear on my carpet.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You could repair it and then create a rubbing strip of carpet for your shoe . . Best idea yet.

'What are you wearing on your foot?'

'Oh this, its my special driving shoe'
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

step 1. get some gaffer tape and cover offending hole
            step 2 get some of this cut to size and fit Click image for larger version

Name:	checkerplate_8569_preview.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	353861
            step 3 dont be so heavy footed as the metal will wear out ya shoes lol

by the way i put this on for a laugh but hope ya get it sorted :cool:
            e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
            Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Am going to buy some cheap carpet and cut it and stick it on!

Comment

Fitted mats would work. I got them with the car and after 14.000 miles they are showing signs of wear. Looking at the underlying carpets, I'm not surprised that you have had this problem as the fit and finish is frankly crap!

Comment

arrrr! no its no the mats lol! fitted or otherwise! Its not on the floor! its nothing to do with the base of my foot. It is on the side wall of the footwell! cheers tho. :eek:

Comment

Yea i have a 61 plate DS3 with a big hole in the carpet. Took it back to my dealership after it was 5 months old and was told it was wear and tear and not covered under my warranty. Contacted Citroen uk and was given the same reply.

It is clearly a design fault with the foot rest being either not necessary or too big leaving too small a gap for the foot between clutch and foot rest. In my opinion there is no way you can claim wear and tear after 5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by JRN View Post
                      Yea i have a 61 plate DS3 with a big hole in the carpet. Took it back to my dealership after it was 5 months old and was told it was wear and tear and not covered under my warranty. Contacted Citroen uk and was given the same reply.

It is clearly a design fault with the foot rest being either not necessary or too big leaving too small a gap for the foot between clutch and foot rest. In my opinion there is no way you can claim wear and tear after 5 months.
                      right ok thanks, i have no chance then of claiming! Typical! Can't believe i have to glue carpet on bald patches after 10 months! Citroen premium brand needs better carpet me thinks! Its actually getting really thin on the side foot rest aswell!
                      Piss poor carpet! Perhaps if i spray that black spray blokes use when they have thining hair (mane i think its called) that will cover the hole?

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
                        right ok thanks, i have no chance then of claiming! Typical! Can't believe i have to glue carpet on bald patches after 10 months! Citroen premium brand needs better carpet me thinks! Its actually getting really thin on the side foot rest aswell!
                        Piss poor carpet! Perhaps if i spray that black spray blokes use when they have thining hair (mane i think its called) that will cover the hole?
                        Hi Paul

Did you get this sorted in the end or did you just fix this yourself? I have the exact same problem, just noticed a hole in my carpet in the exact same place as yours. I think its prob just really crap cheap carpet. My husband works in the car industry that makes carpets for cars and he says its either just cheap carpet or a design fault. Just wondered as not sure whether to go to citroen or try and fix myself.

Clair

Comment

Weird Driving Position Maybe ?

I Have Size 13 Feet And My DS3 Doesn't Have Any Carpet Wear lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                            Weird Driving Position Maybe ?

I Have Size 13 Feet And My DS3 Doesn't Have Any Carpet Wear lol
                            Dunno, probably me somehow, but never had this problem before, been driving the same for 12 years and this is my sixth car, the 1st with this problem. I dunno, might just get hubby to get some decent carpet from his work to patch it up lol

Comment

It the carpet it is shite! Obviously Citroen forgot about the "premium" part when it came to the carpet?
                              Clair, Citroen have not got back to me and its been 5 weeks now. The garage hasnt bothered to contact me again to tell me anything.
                              I have sent autoexpress magazine the photo's to see what they think! Will keep you posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X