I'm livid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm livid

Someone crashed into my car today. Swiped me while I was stationary denting and scratching my rear quarter panel and rear bumper. I have always hated any sign of respray and repair work unless the whole panel is changed and resrayed without blending ( hate overspray when it comes to clay and detailing it always catches my eye). So the quarter panel being damaged is the WORST possible part to be damaged. FML. Anyone kno of some incredibly high standard body shops in the bucks area? I'm never gonna be satisfied unless it is literally PERFECT. I have OCD when it comes to paint and rattles. As some of you may have already noticed from my posts
    '07 e92 320d
    '58 e93 330d
    '12 DS3 110 eHDi Airdream
    '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
    '13Mercedes E-Class coupe
    '02 E46 M3

To put it into perspective when I bought my 330ci I had all the paint thicknesses checked using a micrometer paint gauge.
    '07 e92 320d
    '58 e93 330d
    '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
    '02 E46 M3

Comment

Gutted for you Sameer :-(
      2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
      2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
      1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Dont know where you live mate, but S. J. Curtis Bristol did a cracking job sorting my bodywork after some little s*it chucked a brick at me (apparently for fun) and damaged the rear nearside panel. Unfortunately, A & E didn't do such a good job repairing him!

Comment

That arch is ridiculously weak. Like its made from paper. I bent it back into rough shape with my hands
          '07 e92 320d
          '58 e93 330d
          '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
          '02 E46 M3

Comment

What an absolute nightmare. The worst part is all the effort you have to put in to get it sorted.

Comment

rubbish, I'll ask about for you. My friend owns a Porsche garage in Herts, he may know of someone at the higher std of body work etc.
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer_DS3 View Post
                I had all the paint thicknesses checked using a micrometer paint gauge.
                Blimey Sameer- thats a bit OCD innit? (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

Other than getting the paint done in (Hard luck- can happen, happened to me) are there any other issues
                with your DS3?

CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nah when it first arrived I wasn't convinced it was all that. Just before the accident I had just started getting really attached and was loving it. Needles to say I feel a bit down about it now that it's been damaged and it was something I could not avoid. Still a few rattles but in time they'll get sorted. After I forget about the fact it's been repaired hopefully I'll resume loving it.
                  '07 e92 320d
                  '58 e93 330d
                  '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
                  '02 E46 M3

Comment

Nightmare. If someone damaged my car in any way... Makes me mad just thinking about it!

Sorry to hear Sameer. Hope you can back to loving it ASAP, as they definitely deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer_DS3 View Post
                      To put it into perspective when I bought my 330ci I had all the paint thicknesses checked using a micrometer paint gauge.
                      Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Blimey Sameer- thats a bit OCD innit? (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

Other than getting the paint done in (Hard luck- can happen, happened to me) are there any other issues
                      with your DS3?

CBLUE
                      Sorry to hear about the bump and hassle Sameer.
                      Ps a depth gauge isn't OCD - I bought one so I can check my car and everyone I consider machine polishing.

I even took the gauge to a DS3 meet on here and checked everyone's paint depth for them.

But then I consider 6 hours on a detail on my car as light work!

Love detaling, so relaxing, roll on even better weather!

Regards,
                      Clive,
                      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

If it makes you feel better my ds3 was 10 days old from the factory when someone smashed into the back of it causing £2.5k of damage! He got prosecuted though!
                        Sorry for your damage, I know how it feels mate.

Comment

Working...
                        X