Hill start assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill start assist

Had the car nearly two weeks and still love it - the car gets some serious attention wherever I go. One thing I really liked when I first got the car and something I didn't even know it had was the hill start assist where it holds the brakes for a couple of seconds while you transfer your foot from the brake to the accelerator. It worked really well.

Note I said 'worked' as it appear to have stopped working now - no matter what I do I can't get it to hold the car and I've deliberately tried some steep hills to make sure it wasn't an incline issue.

Any ideas?

I'm presuming that you must be imagining things as my DS3 certainly doesn't have this feature! :S

Comment

Originally posted by Markm49uk View Post
      Had the car nearly two weeks and still love it - the car gets some serious attention wherever I go. One thing I really liked when I first got the car and something I didn't even know it had was the hill start assist where it holds the brakes for a couple of seconds while you transfer your foot from the brake to the accelerator. It worked really well.

Note I said 'worked' as it appear to have stopped working now - no matter what I do I can't get it to hold the car and I've deliberately tried some steep hills to make sure it wasn't an incline issue.

Any ideas?
      Are you sure you weren't just carrying momentum when you were on the hill? Or that the handbrake wasn't depressed..
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

No it's detailed in the handbook

Comment

What model do you have?

Comment

110 e-hdi Dsport

Comment

Nope wasn't handbrake - it was definitely holding the car - have been working in Lincoln city centre and it has some steep hills. The car never moved back once when setting off on steep uphill slopes it was great but as I say just in the last few days it no longer does this.

Am I the only one that knew about this feature then?

Comment

Page 177 of handbook if interested

Comment

It does say it in the handbook but ive never felt it working yet.
                  2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

That's the frustrating thing - I did feel it and it makes a difference to the driving experience when driving in hilly areas.

Comment

Hi Mark.
                      I collected mine DS3 Sport Plus last week. Did the reading of manual thing. I clocked the hill assist bit as well and got a tad excited. But I think it relates to auto versions. Definately not fitted to mine. Hope you enjoy the car mate

Comment

The Force must have been with you, Mark

(but not any more, evidently...)
                        Last edited by gar074; 27-03-2012, 07:19.

Comment

That is a feature on my C4 vtr+ with egs gearbox so the automatic gear box would make sense

Comment

Oh well must have been my imagination. Couple of things puzzle me though - one, the picture in the handbook clearly shows 3 pedals one of which must be the clutch and two, why do automatics need this when they creep forwards anyway(or maybe they don't nowadays)?

Comment

Originally posted by Markm49uk View Post
                              Oh well must have been my imagination. Couple of things puzzle me though - one, the picture in the handbook clearly shows 3 pedals one of which must be the clutch and two, why do automatics need this when they creep forwards anyway(or maybe they don't nowadays)?
                              Pretty standard on automatics nowadays to hold you steady on a slight incline. Similar to holding your bite on a manual.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X