Cycle rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle rack

Does anybody know if there is a specific cycle rack I need to buy so I can take my mountain bike with me?

Thanks
    TwinnieE
    :cool:

hello buddy,
    being my first post on here i'd best say hello first!!! :-)
    i've not taken delivery yet but i've been through the roof rack, cycle carrier investigation as part of my deal...

is it the roof rack you're after or the cycle carrier? I've gone for the citroen roof rack as it seems that citroen are the only people to make one for the ds3 so far. you need to replace the roof moulds so they have holes in for the quick mount fit. nice bit of kit though. wont take anything away from the car.
    as far as cycle carriers are concerned i've kept my thule ones as they will fit the citroen setup. i had a full thule setup on my golf and the citroen roof bars are very similar to the the thule aero bars. hope this helps!

Dave. New boy in Leeds.

Comment

Hello Dave
      Welcome to the site.
      Thanks for your information.
      I will look into it.
      I was thinking of a Cycle carrier rather than
      a roof rack.
      Have fun when yours arrives!
      TwinnieE
      :cool:

Comment

If you search the forums for 'cycle rack' or 'cycle carrier' you'll find a number of threads on this. If you're after a tow bar solution, there's also search results for that.

I have the removable tow bar and a Thule rack and it's brilliant. Very quick to install and solid.

Comment

i've always found the roof rack with cycle carrier a much more versatile solution. hate the fact you can't open the boot without removing everything when you use the tow bar solution. or if you use the rear mounted carrier you can damage the boot. the mrs never liked climbing through the split seat to get the haribo!!! :-D

only my personal opinion. cheers!

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Bd1970 View Post
            you can't open the boot without removing everything when you use the tow bar solution
            not necessarily so................both Thule and Atera produce carriers which tilt back even when laden - not cheap but they almost completely remove the risk of bike and/or rack damaging your car
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Iv just fitted my roof bars and 3 Thule cycle carriers and it's perfect ,
              Web your finished you just pop all 4 clamps for the roof bars and lift all of in one go,, even the wife can do it.
              So will re fit the polished roof rails wen we sell it,
              Roof creeks like a bitch first time out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                not necessarily so................both Thule and Atera produce carriers which tilt back even when laden - not cheap but they almost completely remove the risk of bike and/or rack damaging your car
                but what about the post ride cuppa while sitting on the boot sill? tartan rug protecting the paintwork obviously! :-)

Comment

Working...
                X