Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and will it have to be the Diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and will it have to be the Diesel?

First of all hello,

Just in the process of looking for a DS3 and after trying the 110 Sport I thought that's the one for us, I was going to try the THP until I came on this forum and started reading threads about them breaking down/
    Loosing power, tooth belt hassle and this Turbo problem Citroen seem to be avoiding?

If it wasn't for the forum I would have tried it but it just seems to confirm the 110 is the way to go for trouble free motoring although a little slower , am I right.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

I have a 90 diesel and they are not slow so good decision

Welcome to the madhouse!
    Last edited by Yellow; 03-04-2012, 18:30.

Comment

Welcome!

Yeah, I'd say the 110 is the one to get from the Sport's. You might get a 150 and it might be fine, like others here.

The reliability poll is a good source of info - here
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Ok thanks, we have always had performance cars and done my share of track days but as we are advancing in years lol I
        think the 110 might be the way forward .

Comment

If I was to swap my 120 for another I'd get the 110.

I test drove the 150 and did LOVE it, having stepped out of my 1.4 C3 it was quite the change. But knowing the possible problems, I'd pick the 110 (the whole time thinking if I got a 150 would it have been on of the ones that went pop)
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegs View Post
            First of all hello,

Just in the process of looking for a DS3 and after trying the 110 Sport I thought that's the one for us, I was going to try the THP until I came on this forum and started reading threads about them breaking down/
            Loosing power, tooth belt hassle and this Turbo problem Citroen seem to be avoiding?

If it wasn't for the forum I would have tried it but it just seems to confirm the 110 is the way to go for trouble free motoring although a little slower , am I right.
            I have the 110 Sport eHDI which I have only had for 10 days and love it. My first diesel having owned petrol driven cars, my last being a 2.0 litre.
            Pleasantly suprised with the performance, must be the turbo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039A.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	353896 Mine is on the right
            sigpic

Comment

what do you prefer to drive buddy? i personally don't like driving diesels so it wasn't an option for me. i like to hang on to my gears. no matter what anyone says... diesels sound rubbish! i also hate the lumpy bumpy sensation through the clutch, if it has one!? i keep my cars for a long time and i need to enjoy them everyday so it was a no brainer.

i'd have bought myself a ferrari but i heard one once set on fire so sod that!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bd1970 View Post
                what do you prefer to drive buddy? i personally don't like driving diesels so it wasn't an option for me. i like to hang on to my gears. no matter what anyone says... diesels sound rubbish! i also hate the lumpy bumpy sensation through the clutch, if it has one!? i keep my cars for a long time and i need to enjoy them everyday so it was a no brainer.

i'd have bought myself a ferrari but i heard one once set on fire so sod that!!! :-)
                Early days yet. I keep my cars for a long time also about 5-6 years this is about the time I take to save up for a new one. Tend not to go for purchase on the never never, rather earn interest than pay it. My boy racing days are behind me now and looking for economy as well as some performance.

Zero Road tax is an attraction as my Leon was costing me £245 to tax for a year but just heard gone up to £260 from April 2nd. Getting 44mpg on the DS3 compared to 26 on the Leon. This will improve as she gets bedded in.
                sigpic

Comment

I vote THP (Obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by Bd1970 View Post

lol, i love petrol engines but only ones that are not going to spend most of there time on a ramp ?like i said its only this forum that put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegs View Post
                      lol, i love petrol engines but only ones that are not going to spend most of there time on a ramp ?like i said its only this forum that put me off.
                      like you said... it's only this forum that has put you off... if you listen to this forum then not a single diesel DS3 has ever had a problem? imagine sat at the lights in your diesel DS3 and up alongside pulls a 1.6 THP and it's working and everything! how would you feel? hehe... sorry, i'm not helping. :-)

Comment

I was exactly like you and was only thinking about the THP, until I started reading about the problems. I have yet to place an order but I have taken a 110 diesel out for a drive, and was very pleased with the performance.

Comment

You could also bear in mind that the people who have THPs that haven't had a problem won't be posting on here about it, they'll be too busy enjoying their car.
                          But your car is in the garage then you've nothing else to do apart from come on here.
                          I had a THP for a weekend once, it was awesome. Alas my HDi is a bit cheaper to run.

Comment

Originally posted by joeking27 View Post
                            You could also bear in mind that the people who have THPs that haven't had a problem won't be posting on here about it, they'll be too busy enjoying their car.
                            But your car is in the garage then you've nothing else to do apart from come on here.
                            I had a THP for a weekend once, it was awesome. Alas my HDi is a bit cheaper to run.

Good point and Forum's are definitely a double edged sword.

Comment

another vote for the hdi 110. not slow and not noisey
                              ds3 1.6 hdi dsport plus in polar white and black roof

Comment

Working...
                              X