First 1500 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 1500 miles

Had my 110 D Sport + white with black roof for 3 weeks now. Thought I'd provide a 1500 mile report.

I arrived at the Nottingham Citroen Dealer at 8.00am. Fantastic 30 minutes smoking my final fags (givien up now as could never smoke in the new beast). Great looking at all the second hand and new DS3 dotted about. Felt a mild pang staring at the dark metallic red with black roof, pondering if I had made the correct colour choice ! Couldn't see mine though which raised my pleasant anxiety!!

8.50am decide to head into showroom having smoked my last ever cancer stick!! Met my sales guy. Top bloke. Bit of a geezer he was but hey he's a sales guy! Whilst signing off the paperwork I catch a glimpse of my white stead pull up in front of the show room. I fail to hear what sales geezer is telling me as I stare at my new love😍!!

Paper work done, then get to see the beast for the first time. I proudly walk around its perimeter admiring it's silky curves. Other customers staring admiringly in the background! First job is to pair my iPhone. I remember thinking if Steve Jobs was to have designed a car then he would have designed this! My white iPhone bonds instantly as if it was meant to be!!

10.30, deal done. I get to drive off. As I pull out of the garage the traffic halts to allow me to begin a new chapter in my driving history. And we're off!!!

1500 miles later, what can I say. A smile greets me in the morning as I leave the house. I select my favourite driving songs from the iPhone and heaven awaits!! Me and Avril Lavigne in perfect harmony (trust me Avril is wicked!!!!!! Try it)

Smooth gears, great torque, stiff but exhilarating ride, no coffee to put me off (SJ would never allowed a cup holder to get in the way). Spot on visibility. I stopped of at a motorway service station last week and a young lass pulling out the car park in her Vauxhall Astra coupe could be seen mouthing to her BF that's the car she wants next. Ah, what a feeling.

For the record, averaged 68mpg from first tank (that's actual having worked out the calculation. AND no road tax to Her Majesty's bean collectors)

Now organising placing a second order for one to replace my wife's Ford Focus. What can I say. I travel about 35k miles PA. I have had most cars imaginable over the last 20 years. Thought my old Beamer 320 was the best but this beats it hands down for joyability. If you are thinking of getting one, DO IT. You will get over the lack of cup holders I promise! Only down side is the Sunday afternoon cleaning and admiring routine that goes with owning one. Roll on Sunday. I'm now armed with my microfiber clothes and Autoglym products. Oh I love Sundays!!

I'm in Nottingham as well and I deal with that Citroen, Rachel in service is fantastic. But u know wot..... that feeling won't go, I've had mine a yr n a half and I still feel the same way even now and yes I spend hrs washing, Polish in n waxing my little black beast, growling at the kids when a football comes in 20ft of her. Enjoy n happy driving :-)
    Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

have developed bird watchers twitch yet? its an unoperable disease that ds3 owners get from constantly looking through the blinds no matter what angle they are or curtains no matter how tightly closed. first symptoms are a grin from ear to ear, swiflty followed by an all over
      smug feeling. side effects are washing, polishing and above all, driving somewhere, not because you have to but because youd like to.
      ds3 1.6 hdi dsport plus in polar white and black roof

Comment

Enjoying the DS3 love on this forum, got to say, I'm on my second DS3 now and after nearly 40k of driving the things still cant wait to get in and drive and getting out to clean it is hardly a chore. Big up the DS3 massive!!
        I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Fantastic you're finding your DS3 so brilliant!

Love the fact you guys want to clean your DS3s!

For a Detailing OCD person like me it's fantastic to see people feeling the absolute need to keep their cars pristine!

I'm feeling like doing some sort of comp on here and I'll do a full machine detail for the winner, ah no one would be interested what the hell do I know about cleaning them!

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Id b up for that Clive, I think that's a great idea. What type of comp would u b thinkin of? Not too hard I want to b in with a chance lol
            Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

As soon as I get mine I will grab my dual action polisher and some menzerna fine cut and go to work .
              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

A really nice and positive experience which is great! Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                X