Shrinkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrinkage

The stick-on matt panels around the window on both doors are shrinking. The front section is buckling at the point where it meets the quarter window post, and the rear section is shrinking / lifting away at the top leading edge. Anyone else experienced this? My dealer has contacted the importer, but I'm still awaiting a reply as whether they will replace under warranty.

I've not come across this before but i'm sure it'll be covered under warranty as it is a manufacturing defect.
    DS3 1.6 16V VTi

Comment

Strewth, it must be hot where you are. Happily, the rubbish climate in the UK means we're unlikely to experience this problem, even with global warming.

Comment

I remember many years ago on early Transits there was a problem in Africa with ants eating the sliding door draughtproofing ..................... theres always some problem that no one has anticpated.

Comment

Originally posted by ivorex View Post
          I remember many years ago on early Transits there was a problem in Africa with ants eating the sliding door draughtproofing ..................... theres always some problem that no one has anticpated.

That's not one I'd imagine you'd generally design for
          sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem on the Xsara that the DS3 replaced, but it took at least 7 years before it happened on that car. I've only just celebrated 1 year of DS3 ownership.
            (A relatively popular brand of dishwasher marketed here developed a bad name when the new model's vacuum seals' contents proved attractive to the cockroaches.)
            I'm waiting to see if the importer claims it's a problem of maintenance/ cleaning, but as I've used the same products / processes as on the Xsara I can't see why this would be the case.
            Last edited by Bruce H; 08-04-2012, 23:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce H View Post
              I'm waiting to see if the importer claims it's a problem of maintenance/ cleaning
              Not unless you're drying it with a hot-air paint stripper.

Comment

So a bit late, but the update is that it was the window seals that had moved / shrunk, pulling the stickers away in the process.

Comment

One defective part damaging another that really sounds like a warranty issue.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                  X