Downunder DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downunder DS3

Just picked up a new DS3 DSport THP 150 here in Sydney. My wife having had a series of C3's I know I am going to have to learn how to maintain and repair it myself and was wondering what the best place is to find a Lexia 3 that will support the DS3 for fault finding and reprogramming things like the DRL's etc. Obviously someone with an online shop and international freight capability would be needed but most people have that now and of course there are a millionon ebay but who do you trust?

450km's so far and very impressed with the car compared to my wifes C3 VTI120 4 spd auto. So good to have a manual gearbox that works well even if a little overgeared and widely spaced ratio's. The economy is great! Still on the first tank from the dealer and averaging 7.0L/10km. The engine is very flexible and torquey far more so than the Audi A1 which was on the list but not as good as the outrageously priced A1 Sport engine. Power wise it falls somewhere inbetween the two and in real world driving easier to live with if you want a manual as the 7spd auto in the A1 Sport kills the paddle 5 spd single clutch auto in the enthusiastic but gutless 1.4L DStyle we get here now!

The handling is a real transformation of the C3 sedan and the DS3 really rides quite nicely with spectacular low speed handling with more finesse than the mini and just a little less verve.

The cabin does make you feel claustraphobic coming from a C3 panaramique though but at least there are 5 seats and seatbelts and a decent boot and a non fold flat hatch.

Mine is a Dec 2011 build and the specs here seem to change with the wind and the prevailing whi of the importer Ateco. Mine doesn't get the centre armrest or auto headlights and wipers but has bluetooth and reverse sensors for instance. I see the centre armrests are available as non genuine spares but I am not convinced in a manual they are a great idea as I kept elbowing it in the test drive i had before ordering and buying the car that then came without the armrest?

Glad you made it across from aussiefrogs - welcome, and hope you keep enjoying the Sport.

Comment

Hi Jonbays and Bruce. Iconic name for an Aussie- Bruce! Dont tell me your wifes Sheila?

Anyways- yer both my best mates from now on

Have you both got spare rooms? Be nice to come and visit (LOL)
      Mind you I am guessing theres a fair few miles between Brisbane and Sydney

CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hey Jon,

It is great to have another Aussie on board. This site is great with lots of really great, knowledgable people.

I have a yellow and black that I have had for 15 months, and I absolutely love it. It is fun to drive, gets a lot of positive attention and just makes me happy every time I get to drive.

I live up in Townsville, QLD and currently there are only three DS3's up here, two DStyles and my DSport.

Welcome

Steve

Comment

Plenty of room here in Sydney I am sleeping in the DS3.!

We have over 1,000km between Sydney and Brisbane these days as we lost the miles in 1974.

You would love our speedo's that go to 210kmh.

QUOTE=Chris_Blue;60535]Hi Jonbays and Bruce. Iconic name for an Aussie- Bruce! Dont tell me your wifes Sheila?

Anyways- yer both my best mates from now on

Have you both got spare rooms? Be nice to come and visit (LOL)
          Mind you I am guessing theres a fair few miles between Brisbane and Sydney

CBLUE[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks Steve. I had a look at Aussie frogs but they seem too retro citroen for a DS3 owner. There are not so many DS3's in Sydney either. You do see them but not once a day like Audi A1's, Mini's and Polo's which were on the shopping list. You did the right thing getting the sport as with our model line up the DStyle 2011 1.6 Auto and 2012 1.4 EGS 5 Spd and DSport THP150 6 speed there isn't much of a choice with no diesel options at all. My wife has a C3 again 1.6 auto so I can assure you there's not much sporty about it and Citroen just can't get auto's right its ok if you cant drive a manual and thats about it. The new DStyle 1.4l EGS 5 speed is oddly a good enough thing revs well robotised manual thats not a patch on the Audi VW DSG but better than the awful 4 speed auto. Thats until you get notice everyone is passing you as its not quick and you have to rev it brainless which feels good to get anywhere in a modicom of a hurry. The torque of the THP is just addictive after driving the 1.4 egs.

Comment

Agree with the comments about autos in the Style, but I always have my retro Citroen (complete other world experience from driving a Sport) for when I want to drive a manual . My quick purchase was forced by the sudden death of the clutch in my commuter, and I couldn't front the extra $6000 it was going to cost me at that point in time to get the cheapest Sport that was around. My short commute doesn't include any exciting driving, and much of my recreational driving of late has been done in TAS in another car. If the new pricing then had been what it is now, I'd more likely be driving a Sport as well!

Comment

Hi Guys, Welcome to the club . I'm over in Perth only a short 4500kms away. I've had my Grey/carmen roof - Dsport for 6 months now and only done 3600kms. I only drive it on weekends. I've owned a mini before and this leaves the ride on a mini for dead. Love driving the car and fit and finish is excellent. Haven't had any problems,and since fitting the PCV blank off haven't used any oil. Currently I have only seen 3 other DS3 on the road in the last 6 months. I think mine was built in JUL 2011. Speak soon.

Comment

Hi Skits,

Glad to have another Ozzie on the forum. Mines a Dec 2011 build and I haven't even checked the PCV system yet for the oil build up as its only done 500km. you reckon the blank off is worth doing?
                  Originally posted by Skittso11 View Post
                  Hi Guys, Welcome to the club . I'm over in Perth only a short 4500kms away. I've had my Grey/carmen roof - Dsport for 6 months now and only done 3600kms. I only drive it on weekends. I've owned a mini before and this leaves the ride on a mini for dead. Love driving the car and fit and finish is excellent. Haven't had any problems,and since fitting the PCV blank off haven't used any oil. Currently I have only seen 3 other DS3 on the road in the last 6 months. I think mine was built in JUL 2011. Speak soon.

Comment

Hi jonbays,
                    I certainly do. I bought the caps and made up a fitting so you only need to clip it to the top fitting on the inlet and the hose clips to the back of that. When I pulled the hose off it was coated with oil on the inside. My car had only done 2000kms since doing it. Before if you accelorated hard sometimes smoke would come out the back. Now there is nothing and I have had no oil loss. The car seems to run smoother, dont know if thats just me. I added a thread to the PCV delete thread with pictures on it, on this club site. When you look at it you cant tell its there but if you want to remove it ,when taking it in for service its easily removable. I also bought DS3Racing rims and just think it looks great. You can check the pictures under my newbies page.

Comment

Thanks Skittso,

I like you thinking of only capping the rocker cover end and thenreattching the hose with a blanking pug so to speak. Looks original to service people and avoids taking the whole airbox off to get to the inlet manifold end of the hose. I will order the cap 1 only but whaere did you get that blue plug? Bunnings?

Originally posted by Skittso11 View Post
                      Hi jonbays,
                      I certainly do. I bought the caps and made up a fitting so you only need to clip it to the top fitting on the inlet and the hose clips to the back of that. When I pulled the hose off it was coated with oil on the inside. My car had only done 2000kms since doing it. Before if you accelorated hard sometimes smoke would come out the back. Now there is nothing and I have had no oil loss. The car seems to run smoother, dont know if thats just me. I added a thread to the PCV delete thread with pictures on it, on this club site. When you look at it you cant tell its there but if you want to remove it ,when taking it in for service its easily removable. I also bought DS3Racing rims and just think it looks great. You can check the pictures under my newbies page.

Comment

Yep, just went to bunnings and cannot remember if its for 18mm or 25mm black irrigation pipe. You will also need to grind the inside out slightly just so the fitting fits on the inside. When you get the PCV blank take it to bunning with you, that way you can check which one you need, as its the same as the hose end. Good luck.

Comment

Great- nice to see all these Aussies we can go visit!! Yipee

Or are you all UK Emigrants?

Thinkin bout it, other than the Indigenous people, we're all Brits! 2 More yipees- Yipee and Yipee!!
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

You picked it! I am almost an Aussie after 40 years odd but I come from Bentley nr Ipswich!

Someone has to keep an eye on the old colony!

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            Great- nice to see all these Aussies we can go visit!! Yipee

Or are you all UK Emigrants?

Thinkin bout it, other than the Indigenous people, we're all Brits! 2 More yipees- Yipee and Yipee!!
                            CBLUE

Comment

Me too. I came when I was 3 yrs old. I born in Dawley, near Telford. Have never wanted to move back to England even though al the relitives are all back there.

Comment

Working...
                              X