Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoglass Windscreen Replacement

Hi there.

Was off work for a couple of weeks after a knee opperation so havent been driving the car. Went out to our parking area at the house and notice had a cracked windscreen. No idea when or how it happened

Phoned Autoglass last Tuesday and they came out on Friday. Guy was just about to take out windscreen out when he noticed that the replacement didnt have a "track" on the bottom of it. He phoned around, said he could take the track off the old windscreen but might be a botch job so I said I would wait as dont need car for a while.

Didnt hear anything over weekend, phoned them this morning and they said their dealer does not provide any DS3 windscreens with this track and that they will have to order one from Citroen. And you guessed it, no idea how long it will take..... ho hum....

They said the windscreen is safe and as the crack goes from passenger side to the middle at a low level (Not interfering with visability) the police should be ok if I get stopped.

Just thought I would post this to give people a heads up if they need their windscreen replacing.
    110HDi Dsport
    Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
    Carmen red dash

Check what screen you have got before they cut it out have a look at the drivers side bottom corner there is some markings look to see if you have got the acoustic screen ( cuts down on wind noise) if you have you will see a small picture if an ear .....
    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Seems to be a bit of a pattern building with mystery windscreen cracks.............. any chance of a picture. ?

Comment

Will take a photo and post soon. The Autoglass bloke said something has hit the screen right on the edge of the glass. I park next to a fence with the passenger side against it so dont know how it happened.

I drove the car for the final time before my knee opp and didnt notice it then so unless something came over the fence from kids the other side of the fence (and hit the screen right on the edge?!?!?!) I cant see how it happened.

Will check for the ear symbol while I take the photo as well.

Cheers
        110HDi Dsport
        Carmen red dash

Comment

Autoglass changed mine for a new accoustic one but what's this track? Have I lost something?

Jimbob

Comment

The track is on the very bottom of the windscreen where it meets the body under the bonnet.

I have the ear symbol on the windscreen so will give Autoglass a ring in the morning and let them know that I need the accoustic windscreen.

Attached are photos of the crack. When the car was parked it was a couple of inches between the fence and the wingmirror so cant see how anything that came over the fence could of hit the edge like that.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120416_182121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	353922Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120416_182505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	353923
            110HDi Dsport
            Carmen red dash

Comment

i had exactly the same crack on my C4 Loeb. Autoglass told me it looked like it could have been due to the way the windscreen had been fitted at the factory. Told citroen and they asked to see the glass, which had already been replaced so I got nowhere.
              C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

I had mine done last week, small chip under the wiper pass side developed into a crack. AutoGlass asked us if it was an Acoustic screen. Which it was, wouldn't have known any different.

Comment

Just phoned Autoglass and the bloke said I should of been asked if was acoustic glass I had, to be honest I wouldnt of known at the time!!

They said it is a acoustic screen they have ordered so can forget about that!

I was wondering about dropping it into Citroen Bridgend so they could have a quick look at it to see if maunfacturing defect but not sure if worth as as I kinda know what they would say.......
                  110HDi Dsport
                  Carmen red dash

Comment

well they were interested in seeing mine because there was no impact mark, was too late though
                    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

still wondering what the track is for?????

Jimbob

Comment

Had mine replaced today by AMG windscreens which was less than half the price of autoglass, just fyi. Mine was completely smashed though so nothing to do with any mystery cracks.

Comment

Autoglass coming out on Monday to replace the screen. They have received it from Citroen and it is the acoustic screen with track so hopefully can put this to bed!!
                          110HDi Dsport
                          Carmen red dash

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                            still wondering what the track is for?????

Jimbob
                            Still wondering!

JB

Comment

Working...
                            X