Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Lease - With Or Without Service Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Lease - With Or Without Service Plan?

Just looking into buying a new DS3 but obviously we want to keep the monthly price down. I see Citroen offer Elect 3 with three years free servicing and other places I have seen the car is cheaper but with no service plan. Anyone got advice on which would be the better option? The model we are looking at is the Dsport Plus E-HDI 110 or if that works out too expensive then possibly the Dstyle Plus E-HDI 90. We are more interested in Style plus Economy rather than speed.

Please don't confuse Elect3 as a Personal Lease because it isn't. What Elect3 actually is a what's called a Personal Contract Purchase or PCP for short.

Anyway without figures or where you have seen deals it is rather hard to comment.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the differentiation between Elect 3 and Personal Lease. It will most likely be Elect 3 then.

Not been into the dealers yet. Got our car booked in for some work on Wed and was going to take that opportunity to run through the options with them. At the moment I was just going by the quotes on the Citroen web site, which seem kinda high to me. Just been looking over at newcitroendeals.co.uk and although I know they act simply as a broker, their deals seem much better. In particular the monthly payments on the DS3 e-HDi 110 AirDream DSport which we wanted are only £238.47 with £999 deposit where Citroen are quoting a deposit of £1809 and 37 monthly payments of £308.66. I don't know, maybe the specs are not identical or there is no service plan etc. Anyway, will find out more come Wed. I have another question about colour choices but I will start a new thread for that.

Comment

I have a DSport Plus 110 HDI on a 3+23 10k pa personal lease without maintenance @ I pay £275 FYI

Network (Part of leaseplan were doing good deals last year on DS3s)

Cheers

Rawy
        2012 DS3 Dsport Plus 110HDI - Black

WRC Clothing For Sale

Comment

Take it you looked at the quote that is bolted on when you print off from the configurator, that tends to be a standard issue quote so your best bet would be to chat with your dealer and get him to run through everything on screen - Elect3 is much easier to follow when you see the numbers in action so to speak!

Bear in mind with Elect3 that it's very important to get the mileage right otherwise it screws the whole thing up.

You can ask about colour choices on there if you like rather then starting a new thread or ask your question on an existing colour thread. If you want to see some pictures then search for my Photo Hoover thread

Comment

Well the colour thing was just that I see a lot of people with quite varied colour combo's on the their DS3 but on the Citroen web site it is limited to only 6 colours and three choices of roof colour. I was just curious if Citroen had now limited the choices or if it was just a thing with their web site config tool?

On the subject of price, we need to really keep the monthly payment around the £250 ish mark if it's going to be a viable alternative to keeping our current C4. The C4 is a great car but has now done 63k (1.6 petrol) and has, for the first time, failed it's MOT, hence the visit to the dealer to have the rear wheel bearings replaced. The thing is, it only does around 32mpg if we are lucky, the air con packed up a couple of months outside the warranty and even after spending over £800 in attempts to fix it nothing worked. Now they are saying it needs a new compressor at a price of £350 plus labor. It's all just starting to cost a little too much for very little return, if you see what I mean? Oh and it's now over £200 a year to tax. All in all I think we are better off going for a new car.

Comment

The Plus versions are limited to certain colour colours which would explain that.

Comment

I have a 6+23 15K pa at 163 ext vat, speak with central UK.

Comment

But what about maintenance, go with or without? which is the better value for money?

Comment

Originally posted by stuartkjw View Post
                    I have a 6+23 15K pa at 163 ext vat, speak with central UK.
                    Which model's that on?

Comment

I answered my own question about maintenance/servicing. Given the service interval is 12000 miles, we would only need the car serviced three times during our ownership so it's not as important an issue as I thought it might be. Most other things would be covered under the three year warranty.

Comment

I'm a bit curious about the figures people have quoted on this thread and others - the deal i have is elect 3, deposit was 1500 for my renault megane, plus the dealer was giving 2000 towards it for petrol models at that time, so £3500 deposit, and £185.22 per month (x36) with 12,000 annual mileage allowance. What kind of final payments do you all have?! 6 grand seems bloody harsh....
                        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Well I am pretty sure our FGV will be around 7.5k when we finally decide what colour scheme to go for. That's with approx £2-2500 down, not sure what the monthly payments will be yet. Going into the dealers tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X