Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Fellow DS3 owners

Thought I'd pop in and say "Hi"

After buying my first Citreon DS3...........in fact my first ever Citreon, 2 weeks ago. I was sniffing on-line about them and came across this handy site. I have to say that the info on these little cars will hopefully come in handy in the near future.

So Hi, and keep posting.

One thing that does annoy me with newer cars nowadays is the "lack of spare wheel"

Has anyone bought a space saver wheel for the DS3, and if so? does it just fit into the purpose made moulded poly bit in the boot? Also does the jack/wheel brace?

After having a Pug 207 GT, which was a nice car to drive, but cost a fair bit on repairs in the 2 years I had it (4 year old with 40k on clock) We changed, and unfortunately went for a Fiesta 1.4 petrol........which compared to the Pug was totally gutless. We only kept it for 6 months and changed 2 weeks ago for the DS3 1.6 HDi 110 DSport, and so far no major complaints. Although the slightly clunky gear change took a bit of time to get used to.

We (Wife & I) are both self confessed car snobs, and we joke that "We Dont do basic" so we went for the top of range car that Citreon had in there line up.......leather interior is very nice, but I can tell its gonna be fun if we get any hot weather.........same in the winter when its bloody freezing, but hey ho........the price of being car snobs.

Sorry for my waffle......home early. :rolleyes:

Does that mean you are the proud owner of the Ultra Prestige?

The spare wheel is a factory option on the Dsign, DStyle and DSport but is not available on the 'specials'.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I like the "Ultra Prestige" tag, if that is wot its called BF

Comment

Welcome! have any pics?
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

welcome to the club!
            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Hi
              I am always in and around Luton and Dunstable, If you see me give me a toot lol.

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  Does that mean you are the proud owner of the Ultra Prestige?

The spare wheel is a factory option on the Dsign, DStyle and DSport but is not available on the 'specials'.

My DS is a DSport with most of the added extra's BF. Not got the satnav

I would like a space saver spare, as I am at that age where I hate all this fannying around with tyre inflation kits.............totally bloody useless if you have major tyre damage?

Comment

welcome to the club or the mad house lol

spare wheel kit from John Nicol on this site or one on ebay at the moment.

Ultra Prestige is a special edition around the £20k mark just use search if you've not seen one.

Comment

hi and welcome the spare wheel fits in the space where the ploy box with the pump is. inside the spare wheel you have a plastic box which holds the jack and bits i think the price was around £168 for the lot from my local dealer

Comment

Originally posted by minimad View Post
                        hi and welcome the spare wheel fits in the space where the ploy box with the pump is. inside the spare wheel you have a plastic box which holds the jack and bits i think the price was around £168 for the lot from my local dealer

Thanx for that Minimad

Comment

My almost new DS3

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10115.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	353938

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10116.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	353940

Does need a good wash though :cool:

Comment

Nice! I have the same except black top.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Would have prefered the black top......but hey ho.

It did have white wheels when we first saw it on Citreons forecourt.............they kindly changed them to black when we mentioned we didn't like the white.

Nice man at Citreon

Comment

Working...
                              X