For those married men out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those married men out there....

.......Who has the say so when it comes to changing cars?

Do you.

1. Let the wife choose
    2. You choose
    3. Persuede the Mrs :confused:
    4. Trick her into thinking your choice is best
    5. See a car you like.......and then act not bothered until she gives way. :rolleyes: (My usual way)

Or something else.

Come on..........own up as to how you ended up with your DS?

Not married but IMO:

Buy the car, suprise the Mrs and tell her it's a car for her.

Kepp both sets of keys on you at all times..
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

It was my husbands choice, he said i should get a ds3 next, so i said yes aslong as its the sport plus :-) Im choosing his car next lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Not married but IMO:

Buy the car, suprise the Mrs and tell her it's a car for her.

Kepp both sets of keys on you at all times..
        lol, i like your style!!
        not married either, i seen it and thought "i'll have one of those" - 2 weeks later, BOOM!
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

I choose mine. She chooses hers. I get to pay for both
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            She chooses hers, She chooses mine, But she pays for both! I love being a Stay At Home Dad! I get pocket money and everything!:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Lol, that was the same with us, I chose mine he chose his he paid for both!!! Can't get better than that. Although he is lookin at changing his and he's askin me wot I think of the choices even though I will never drive it :confused:
              Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

She buys hers. I buy mine.

She thinks mine is a pile of french crap. I think hers is a Swedish fridge on wheels.

She won't drive mine because she's embarrassed to be seen driving a bright yellow mid-life-crisis car. I try not to drive hers because it's so boring I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel.

Vive le difference, and welcome to the 21st Century.

(and I wouldn't let her anywhere near my Barchetta because the steering wheel's on the wrong side and ... well ... you can guess the rest...)

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  ...(and I wouldn't let her anywhere near my Barchetta because the steering wheel's on the wrong side and ... well ... you can guess the rest...)...
                  Lol!! Claire loved driving my little Alfa Spider when we went on a tour of Scotland with it, roof down, sunny days and miles and miles of twisting road.... Bliss.

When I had the SAAB she was upset to find that she couldn't reach the pedals!
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I choose, but mrs gannet still has to like the look of it...
                    -- Gannet.
                    DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

Comment

Originally posted by gannet View Post
                      I choose, but mrs gannet still has to like the look of it...

Arrr this is the thing.......................if you really fancy a particular car, and you know the wife isn't as keen, how do u persuede her. or at least trick her into suggesting/liking it.

I got away with it once on a pug 207 GT.......I really liked the look of it, and I let the Mrs walk almost past it, and casually said, "That looks a nice car for you", she ummed and arr-ed and next thing we were testing it..........and it turned out to be the best car she has ever had.

That is until we got the DS3............which was easier as we BOTH liked it.

Comment

We went out looking at DS's with the words "you're not buying one, you're just looking" knowing only too well she would be the one saying buy it.

As long as I do the calculations to prove why we should buy a particular car, she's happy to go with my decision.

She even gave me permission to spend £10k on an engine conversion on my Lotus Elise, when I used to have that as a daily drive. Top girl is Mrs FW :cool:
                        sigpic

Comment

I vote for my personal method..

Parking my new car outside the shop, going to the shop in the old motor, walk out of the shop and into the new car...

That's what I'll be doing come monday when mines delivered

Comment

I never give her a choice in my cars! I earn the money (and I don't tell her how much!) I select what car I want! (well she doesn't have to work!)...

Her last two cars I picked and she never even saw them until I bought them home.....she's my second time around and so much easier than number 1! (well I've not married her as not going there twice!)

Regards,
                            Clive.
                            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Me pay- me choose
                              Partner pay - partner choose
                              My bank pay- me choose
                              Partners bank pay- me choose (cos i pay in the end)
                              WIN THE LOTTO - Me choose (cos im sensible....ferraris, porsche, buggatti veron, etc etc)
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X