Picked up my DS3 this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my DS3 this morning

So, I picked my DS3 this morning. A 110ehdi Dsport plus in all black. It's lovely and I was excited at the acceleration.

Anyway, on the way home I got stopped by the Police for speeding! What are the odds? The Police were reasonably professional and polite, they said that the speed limit was 30 and I was travelling at 'considerably more than that'. They took my details and everything, and sent my on my way.

The question is, what happens now? They didn't give anything on the spot. Do I get something through the post?

Im Sure They'd Hand You A Slip If They Were Going To Give You A Fixed Penalty Notice, Your Probably Ok !

Comment

Originally posted by Human after all View Post

The question is, what happens now?
      You get out there and drive some more!!
      Seriously, did they caution you and say they were going to report you for the offence? If they didn't, you'll be ok. They have the power of discretion and it looks like they were sensible enough to use it.

Comment

Your be fine... Would have handed you a ticket on the spot so don't panic and don't do it again
        Now get some miles on the clock..

Comment

Thanks everyone. I wasn't given any paper or told that I was being cautioned or that anything was being reported. I was nervous though because a second officer was fiddling around with a PDA type device. I thought that might be a way of submitting a penalty notice to my address.

Talking about the car, I was really impressed with how quick it is. I suppose I just got carried away...

On the way back, I found the speed limiter control and set it to 30mph. It was great for a while, then it stopped working. It was still lit up on the panel, but I wasn't stopped from going over 30. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

i think if you push the accelerator past the 'click' it overwrites the speed limiter
            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Was It 'Paused'

Comment

Yes, if you push a little harder on the accelerator when you are at your set limit, then the car will go past that limit, a good feel for the pedal is whats needed.

Comment

I'm not sure about pushing the accelerator past a 'click'. It's not something I have noticed. I also didn't know there was a 'pause'. I thought it was just speed limiter, off, or cruise control. It may be time to look deeper into the manual. :redface:

Comment

Originally posted by ivorex View Post
                    Yes, if you push a little harder on the accelerator when you are at your set limit, then the car will go past that limit, a good feel for the pedal is whats needed.
                    Oh, ok. I'll have to see how it feels tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Can't say about the DS3 but on the C4 there is a pause button on the steering wheel on the left hand side. The speed limiter should "limit" your speed to whatever it is set at regardless of how far you press on the accelerator. You can however override it by kicking down on the pedal. The Cruise control on the other hand will hold the speed you set so you can take your foot off the accelerator. As soon as you touch the accelerator pedal it will override the cruise control but as long as it's still active it should come back to your set speed when you remove your foot from the pedal. At least that's how it all works in the C4 and I can't see it being any different in the DS3?

Take it easy on the speed. You should be running it in anyway. There is a time and place for speed. You don't want to lose your license before you begin!

By the way, IF you do receive a fixed penalty notice and you were not cautioned at the time of the offense, someone correct me if I am wrong but it's not valid?

Comment

Thanks, Zack and pcmaczone. I just went to have another look at the car and there was a big pause sign displayed. I've switched it off now.

Comment

re the police: all depends on if they are letting you off or summonsing you, which depends on how fast you were going and how many points you already have.
                          C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

No points, and I'm not sure how fast I was going. I get the impression that I just happened to cross paths with a police van containing three police officers. I don't think they knew exactly how fast I was going; just that it was above the speed limit.

On an unrelated subject, people keep walking past my house and staring at the car. I hope no-one nicks it. :eek:

Comment

i expect you will be fine then, infact from what you said i know you will
                              C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X