New wheels tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wheels tomorrow

Well had my alloys off to clean and wheel wax them . Noticed they were corroding at the centre caps , Alisdair Flemming , have got me a brand new set from Citroen . Happy days , as the car has only done 4k . Oh well better get it washed and polished when i get the new wheels on .

The new set will corrode before your very eyes I'm afraid! I took my replacement set off before the winter road salting began and kept them in my dry, heated cellar- bugger me if one hasn't started to corrode despite that!
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

its why im putting off getting mine done, hoping they find a solution soon. have spoke to a mechanic who wanted me to try all sorts of crazy tricks to repair and prevent the corrosion. tbh its just the center caps mainly for me so modifying might be on the cards.

Comment

Maybe I'm lucky cos my wheel centres not too bad. 2 are spotless and 2 showing a few signs but not that fussed really
        Have got some TSWs on at the moment, as the BELLONES are being tidied up, and the kerb protectors being reset in places
        Someone suggested a thick smear of wax round the centre caps to prevent corrosion- anyone tried that? What type wax and where from?
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

You may be lucky and the replacement's won't corrode but i would say that's wishfull thinking lol.
          I'm still waiting on the "refurbishment" of my second set, citroen uk don't see this as a widespread problem even though they said to me a third set of replacement wheels more than likely will corrode again.
          Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

I've noticed mine doing it now. Might have a word with my local garage this week.
            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
            X