Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to swerve the DERV? The petrol/ DERV debate continues

Comment from a National paper:
    Think hard about buying a Diesel.The price of DERV is up to 9p a litre more than unleaded, so unless you do in excess of 10,000 miles per year, oil burners are more expensive to run.
    And there are many that arent as reliable as petrol cars.
    Call outs for blocked diesel particulate filters, that can cost up to £1000, are running at 700 per month
    This figure is because anyone who trundles around town doesnt get the filter hot enough to burn off soot and carbon
    As a result, tens of thousands of motorists are stranded every year.

ZACK - Can I borrow your ticking clock and wonder how many ticks the Oil burners will get?

All in the interests of a good debate of course
    CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Petrol ftw

Comment

Diesel for me. Ive tried petrols and i just dont like them.
      C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Heard all the different angles!

My brother has a Volvo V50 1.6 and has had it for two years and has done just 10,500 miles.

It is powered by a diesel developed by Peugeot similar to that fitted to the DS3 110 Hdi and he has had no problems with blocked diesel particulate filters or such like.

Glad I got a diesel after running petrol. It is costing me less to run than my petrol 2.0 litre Leon.
        sigpic

Comment

Next up we'll be debating Mac vs PC.

Some people are better off with a diesel, some better off with petrol. Then there's those who own a diesel but should have bought a petrol and vice versa.

Me, i'm happy with the saving diesel has given me, and I'll never switch to mac.
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Im an apple fan boy. Just so you all know. And the running costs on my 330d are the same as what i was paying on my cooper s.
            C2 GT #2003

Comment

Originally posted by mixin View Post

Some people are better off with a diesel, some better off with petrol. Then there's those who own a diesel but should have bought a petrol and vice versa.
              Well said.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Me - high mileage with plenty of "blasting" so economical and no DPF issues. Just finished a two week tour of the Scottish Highlands (nearly 2500 miles) and averaged 60mpg.

In general - with DS3's diesels seem much MORE reliable.

Horses for courses! Would I like a petrol "racing" version - you bet! Would I sleep at night - maybe not!

Jimbob

Comment

Oil burner for me and i sleep at nightl

Comment

Very pleased with my 110Hdi. havent had a days problem and had it nearly two years. Doing about 16K a year, get around 55mpg, would get more if Wales was a bit flatter!!!

Wife had a Ibiza diesel and she has had loads of problems with the DPF. Even after doing 80 along the M4 in 4th for 30 minutes, it still chugs like mad when stoping at next traffic lights (Which SEAT say is the DPF needing to clear)

She is getting a Mini Coupe Cooper SD on Thursday so see how that goes!!!
                    110HDi Dsport
                    Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
                    Carmen red dash

Comment

Cooper SD <3 want.
                      C2 GT #2003

Comment

Diesel FTW !

On The Motorways Doing 70 I Sit At 2000 Revs And Get around 70/75 MPG,

Diesel Around My Way Is 139.9, So Not Too Bad Compared To Some Parts Of The Country,

My Little 90HDi Beats DS3 THP's, Fiesta ST's And Lots Of Other 'Hot' Hatchbacks,

My DPF Is Coming Out 2 Weeks Tomorrow So I Got No Worries With It Clogging Up - This Will Also Gain Me BHP, Torque + MPG
                        Last edited by ZACK; 22-05-2012, 09:55.

Comment

There's plenty I could do to save money on fuel, for starters I could stop using premium unleaded...
                          Though i haven't worked it out i think i'm spending less on fuel now than i was with my Ibiza 1.6 sport.

oh and Mac vs PC - i found this nice image to resolve that issue.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	mac_pc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	354017

Comment

I only do 6-7k a year so really an oil burner maybe wasn't the best decision, but after having the swift sport with it's high revving engine it's nice to have a lazy engine lol. If the diesel was over a grand more to buy in the first place i would have stuck with petrol but it was only £100 more when i got the ds3 white hdi last year.
                            Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

I've had a Diesel and now the THP is my first petrol and i don't think ill be going back anytime soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X