Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 the problems begin

Hi all.
    I took delivery of my black dsport+ earlier today. No real problems apart from the state the valeters left the car in. I'm an OCD. Obsessive compulsive detailer. Got home and decided to give the car a mini detail. When I opened the boot I heard a kind of grinding noise. When I closed the boot I noticed the top of the bootlid had caught on the edge of the roof and chipped off some paint. 2 little chips but very noticeable because they were through to the base coat. 1st thing in the morning I'm going back to the dealers to demand it gets sorted.
    Anyone else had similar problems? Any problems getting it sorted?
    Cheers
    Nik

Hi Nik,

I share your addiction, nice to meet a fellow detailer, in fact I'm training people tomorrow, can't wait (not what I do for a day job).

After getting mine I went over with Megs 205 as now favouring non-diminishing polishes via machine in many applications, and 205 seems to suit the DS3 well.

Re the Chips, I'd get it straight back there and get them to sort it for you....chips are simply not on!

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I was planning to do a full correction with my good old trusty menzerna's over the weekend but I'm not touching it until its got the paint sorted. I'm mostly annoyed because I've been looking forward to detailing it since I ordered it.

Comment

I find it good to neb in on these detailing conversations to pick up some hints & tips

Comment

Bleedin eck! 2 OCDers Ha!
          Wont understand a word yous toos say when you really start talking car cleaning

CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I don't understand a word you say Chris!
            Last edited by cyclone; 26-05-2012, 08:14.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are the victim of another shoddy PDI, go back to your dealer and point out the issue and as I always advice folks don't get angry, be polite and whatever is agreed make sure you get it in writing from the person you are dealing with or at least a copy of the Job card when the car is booked back in.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Not good supernik but the good news is my car is free for a full detail if you can't wait
                2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Just a quick update. The dealer is happy to check the alignment of the boot lid and sort out the paint. Car goes in tomorrow morning. I've asked them not to clean it afterwards. It was a bit of a state when I picked it up new.

Comment

What state was the car in when you collected it? I take it you did have a quiet word about it with your dealer?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm OCD ( obsessive car detailer ) so what I consider to be a state is considered a good valeting job by the dealer. Poor washing technique has left very minor swirls in the lacquer. Only visible under direct sun or strong lighting. I'll be doing a Full correction detail on the car later this week. Just taken delivery of some zymol vintage glaze for the car.

Comment

Working...
                      X