Paint defect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint defect

Spotted what looks like a bubble in the paintwork on the passenger side door and in the middle of the said bubble is a spec of grit or whatever under the paint. There's also a series of smaller bubbles surrounding it ......would this be covered under the warranty for paintwork or would they just fob me off saying it's down to a stone chip? It's only a few mm's in diameter but it is annoying now i've spotted it :/
    Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

if theres no visible undercoat then they cant argue its a chip plus its on the door so ud hav to be goin sideways on full lock to get stones to hit there , have them for it its bout time they started acknowleding issues

Comment

Originally posted by studly View Post
      Spotted what looks like a bubble in the paintwork on the passenger side door and in the middle of the said bubble is a spec of grit or whatever under the paint. There's also a series of smaller bubbles surrounding it ......would this be covered under the warranty for paintwork or would they just fob me off saying it's down to a stone chip? It's only a few mm's in diameter but it is annoying now i've spotted it :/
      My little black beauty had something similar on nearside rear window, but nowhere else.
      The larger particle seemed to be growing larger so I took it to dealer and the tech guy looked at it via an eyepiece. He said it looked like weld residue as it was a metallic substance.
      Photos were sent to Citroen UK and after a few days they replaced the affected window.
      Your defect maybe something similar as the affected area on my window only became noticeable as it grew bigger by rusting or eating into the glass.

Dealership at first tried to tell me the car had been next to someone using a welder but I argued howcome just one area i.e. not the whole side of the car. Any how, my window was replaced with no further questions and as yet no more has appeared.
      Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Hi There studly. Suggest you contact your dealer by phone and make an appointment there approved Citroen bodyshop to inspect the problem. Hope this helps. Harry Leggit

Originally posted by studly View Post

Comment

Gave my dealer a call and the warranty bloke is going to have a look at it next week.
          Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

Was giving my car a clean today and notice a small bubble with said dot of black in the centre (as described above), will get it checked out when can goes in for its first service this friday. :-(

Comment

Working...
            X