Small moment of triumph!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small moment of triumph!

Stopped on the A40 this morning at the traffic lights when alongside me pulled a red and white Mini Cooper.(like two peas in a pod, with me being the better looking of the two of course).

He gave me a look up and down with a smile and was obviously holding it on the clutch as he crept forward a little waiting for the lights to change.

Kept my nerve and on the change put my foot down to get to the single lane in front of us first.

I did it, I WON - so can still up hold the DS reputation.

OK - truth is, he stalled it on the line, but at least I had the last laugh. Spent the next few miles on my tail but at least he got a good view of my cute DS badge on the boot!

Haha, quality. I'll admit, I had one idiot beside me a while back and he was really revving his engine to have a race, it wasn't a Mini, think it was one of the new Fiat's. So I revved mine a bit and when the lights went he sped off as I indicated left to go onto a different road. He must've felt a proper wank jockey!

Still getting the turning heads look though. Never get fed up of that.

Comment

Many years ago I used to own a Metro and used to beat everyone off the lights. As when they looked across they thought I wasn't worth racing with, until they were behind me and saw the GTi badge on the back - that little old car used to really move and didn't look any different from the GTA.

Comment

Oh and you will have to change your profile pic IrishRob as had my hair cut last week! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle View Post
          Oh and you will have to change your profile pic IrishRob as had my hair cut last week! xxx
          can i have a pic them please by email !!!!
          anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

PMSL!! nice one!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

+1 on Tony's retort XD

Good on ya Sparkle, drive it like you stole it :P
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Happily. As Tony said though, I'll take an email or take the pic myself!

Comment

Get a room!!

Comment

Wind em up and watch them go!

Comment

Wind em up and watch them go!
                      Oh Sparkle, you know us too well!

Comment

Sparkle Does Your Son Know Your Winding All These Old Men Up ?...

:L

Comment

DS3 meet at Sparkles house? That'd really embarrass him, especially if we get there really early in the morning and all walk out of Sparkles bedroom together when he gets up! :P
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                            Get a room!!
                            Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            all walk out of Sparkles bedroom together when he gets up! :P
                            Mission Accomplished...

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                              Sparkle Does Your Son Know Your Winding All These Old Men Up ?...

:L
                              He knows just what his mum is like - hence his perpetual embarassment.

Not the sort of mum to wear twinset and pearls - more a mum in a DS and stilettos!

Comment

Working...
                              X