DADRL - This Is Why I Hate People...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DADRL - This Is Why I Hate People...

So Bigfeet Has Discovered For Us This Organisation DADRL ( Drivers Against Day Running Lights )... www.dadrl.org.uk

Their Basically Trying To Say That DS3, Audi, Volvo + BMW Drivers Kill People With Their DRL's...

Jst Wanted To Vent My Anger At How STUPID These People Are...

So I Made A Piccy =D...

Last edited by ZACK; 06-10-2010, 22:54.

You May Have To Zoom In To Read lol - I Crn Make It Bigger...

Comment

ctrl + scroll up if you have difficulties
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

lol that is epic dude. good job

Comment

If I'm being honest I think running lights in this country, and most of the rest of Europe, are unnecessary. I can see how they would be useful in northern Scandanavian countries where the period of daylight can be short and gloomy but here and elsewhere if you can't see a big lump of metal coming towards you in broad daylight then you really shouldn't be on the road.

That said I can't see how they would actually endanger lives and, on the DS3 especially, they do look rather cool!
          1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

One problem is that ALL types of DLR's are being lumped together....Personally I have not problem with the LED types as fitted to the DS3, but I do agree that the use of headlights, full beam & dipped beam is a hazard as is the use of full power fog/spot lights. My pet peeve are the Chelsea Tractors on the school run with all their lights blazing, the number of times I have been dazzled by them I can agree that they can mask another hazzard such as a bike or pedestrians

Comment

I think they're a good thing, just the other day there when I was driving into work around 7:30am in the morning I got to a section of the motorway that was like driving through Silent Hill, the fog/mist was REALLY extreme - now, I had my LED's on I'll admit, but I switched over to my main beam and put on my fog lights as well, I still seen TONS of cars that were flying down the same stretch of road with no lights on whatsoever, given that point if that had have been my approach, at least I'd still have had the LED's on for a small level of safety!

Comment

Oh god what have I done....!!
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  Oh god what have I done....!!
                  It's actually good you found that fella. As I said on the initial post, I'm not surprised there is a 'group' like that. In this day and age, whoever comes up with any sort of marketable idea, there will ALWAYS be some idiots out there who hate it. And I'm sure you'll agree, once enough idiots get into a certain mindset, nothing, no amount of contradictory evidence or anything, will distract them from their lost cause!

Comment

The Fact That These People Are Actually Convinced That DRLs Kill People Make Me Sick...

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                      The Fact That These People Are Actually Convinced That DRLs Kill People Make Me Sick...
                      Guns don't kill people. Cars don't kill people (unless you drive a Toyota).

It's the people behind them that do the killing.
                      1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-T View Post
                        Guns don't kill people. Cars don't kill people (unless you drive a Toyota).

It's the people behind them that do the killing.
                        I dunno about that! I've never killed anyone behind my car fella!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-T View Post
                          If I'm being honest I think running lights in this country, and most of the rest of Europe, are unnecessary. I can see how they would be useful in northern Scandanavian countries where the period of daylight can be short and gloomy but here and elsewhere if you can't see a big lump of metal coming towards you in broad daylight then you really shouldn't be on the road.

That said I can't see how they would actually endanger lives and, on the DS3 especially, they do look rather cool!
                          Pah! I ride a motorcycle for the majority of the time and have been knocked off 4 times in two years. One incident involved an uninsured driver who dragged me under a caravan for 800m however every other person that has knocked me off always used the time old saying "Sorry mate, didn't see you". >.<
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            Pah! I ride a motorcycle for the majority of the time and have been knocked off 4 times in two years. One incident involved an uninsured driver who dragged me under a caravan for 800m however every other person that has knocked me off always used the time old saying "Sorry mate, didn't see you". >.<
                            You're talking about a bike there though Fishy with a much smaller frontal area, and I can fully understand why most motorbikeists ride with their headlamp on.

It's cars that I just don't think they're necessary for.
                            1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              Reminds me of this old advert fella. Couple of guys in my office bike it occasionally and they've told some stories, so I can only imagine!!

Comment

Working...
                              X