bit pi**ed as citroen....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit pi**ed as citroen....

So I had my wheel bearing done last weekend.

I've come to get one of my alloys off this week to find that the locking nut is worn and wont fit anymore so I cant get my alloys off....

Called citroen to speak to the parts dept to be told it would be an up front £60-70 quid charge without the guarantee of a new one fitting. Then i said it was since they had hold of the car so they put me through to service dept to be told he'd look into it and call me back.......

3 days later and no call. So i called them back and the person on reception just said "i'll get someone to call you sir". Still no call.

I'M PISSED! what if I get a flat.

I'm temped to just get them removed and just get normal nuts.

But i'm so annoyed....what the hell should I do?

Go there and keep your temper in check!
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I would just go down there and speak to them in person, they can't put you on hold then...
      Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

Comment

Have they been the ONLY agent working on your car?

The locking bolt key is not designed to be used with a torque gun and should only be use by hand, the label on the bag quite clearly shows this. Your argument here is if they are the only people to have worked on the car then they must have used a torque gun or over tighten the bolt key and therefore stripped it and should replace it.

If you have been elsewhere then your argument is not going so strong and the price they are quoting seems a bit strong, would suggest then getting a quote from another dealer.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by andygod75 View Post
          I've come to get one of my alloys off this week to find that the locking nut is worn and wont fit anymore so I cant get my alloys off....

Called citroen to speak to the parts dept to be told it would be an up front £60-70 quid charge without the guarantee of a new one fitting. Then i said it was since they had hold of the car so they put me through to service dept to be told he'd look into it and call me back.......
          Similar happened to me,

Is it the key or the bolt that is worn ? In my case the key was fine and the locking bolt was worn - So a local garage used a bolt extractor and got it out - cost a tenner and I bought a new standard bolt from Citroen for around £3.

If it's the key that's fucked then my above story is no use to you what so ever and you'll have to play holy hell with them !

Comment

Grrrr I get so annoyed when they don't ring you back! If they thought they were making any money out of you, they would be on the blower like shit off a shovel. Another case of very poor customer service. Go in and speak to the service manager and tell them it is not an acceptable level of customer service. A Holes! :mad:

which dealer? name and shame

Comment

evans halshaw sheffield......i'm gonna go down on saturday. they cant avoid me then and just keep fobbing me off.

Comment

Working...
              X