space savers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• space savers

]does anyone know is the space save wheel from a c3 fits the DS3, mine came without and dont feel safe with the inflation kit supplied, thought i would look around scrap yards etc for a cheap replacement ----- any thoughts?????

I have the same problem.....I have been told by dealer that the correct wheel is 15" citroen part no C5401T0 @ £26.80 and the tyre is a 125x80R15 95M Continental @ £80 fitted (although have found that tyre from Blackcircles @ about £ 58 fitted.....also that the chrome nut cap remover tool is C676305 @ £2.35 + vat...hope this helps

Comment

thanks for that info, spose i will need a jack as well!

Comment

and something to remove the wheel nuts with........................

Comment

Never had an issue with the kits myself, a blow-out is very very very rare and most puntures would need to be replaced anyway so i prefer to use the kits rather then carry a heavy spare around.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I had a 206 gti 180 a few years back, i was traveling down to stoney cove for a diving course at 5.30 am one sunday morning when my rear wheel started making a noise at around 80 mph, i pulled over on the hard shoulder and just as i got down to around 10 mph the rear passenger tire blew out, i was so lucky that i hadnt waitied another few minutes and it had blown at 80 !
            My day was ruined as i only had the puncture repair can and had to wait for half an hour for the rac to come and dump me at a garage in nottingham at 6 am .The garage didnt open till 12 either so it was a completley screwed up day !
            moral of MY story is i wouldnt ever have the inflation kit again as if i had had a spacesaver it would have saved my day.I know this isnt common for a blow out but in my case it did happen !
            anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
              a blow-out is very very very rare and most puntures would need to be replaced anyway
              Not my experience. I've had at least one puncture per year for as long as I can remember, and only once was the tyre knackered.

I concede that it may have something to do with where I live - lots of flint occurring naturally that gets crushed into razor-sharp pieces along the edges of the country lanes, and hawthorn hedgerows that leave their sharp thorns all over the road when they are cut back by farmers.

Perhaps I should move to Milton Keynes...

Comment

A Blow Out Is A Different Thing To A Normal Puncture Gar lol

Comment

I've only ever had one blow out, about 20 years ago at 70mph in a mini, the front tyre decided that it had had enough. Fortunately I managed to control it and got to the side of the road.

Other than that, I have had a lot of punctures...or maybe it only seems like a lot because of the cost of tyres. Having had a few people carriers, you have to get speed rated, reinforced tyres, which bumps the price up quite a bit.

Please tell me that the tyres on the DS3 are cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPhil View Post
                    Please tell me that the tyres on the DS3 are cheaper.
                    £50 For Budgets...

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                      A Blow Out Is A Different Thing To A Normal Puncture Gar lol
                      OK, point taken.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be stuck by the side of the road in the p*ssing rain on a dark winter night (or at any time, for that matter) with a shredded tyre and a can of goo.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                        Personally, I wouldn't want to be stuck by the side of the road in the p*ssing rain on a dark winter night (or at any time, for that matter) with a shredded tyre and a can of goo.
                        Agreed And Thas Why I Bought The Spare lol

Comment

Full kit... Tyre, wheel (space saver) wheel brace, jack, cap remover, wheel carrier. £169. downside is, must be collected from sunny Newcastle :0

Comment

Working...
                          X