New DS3 Delivery mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DS3 Delivery mileage

Yay, it's been confirm my new factory ordered car will be made on the 27th July and i was told to expect delivery for the 1st September. My question is how many delivery miles should i expect on the clock and also how mileages does it take to break it in?

about 2

and its already broke in, but you might find you get more MPG after 6000miles
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Ah cool thanks Rick. So I should raise eyebrows if it's got mot than 20 or so miles then.

Comment

Yes, but if its a brand new car they wont drive it. Apart from around the dealers when they clean it and lock it up.
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Cool cheers

Comment

There is no hard answer for this but I would be very suspicious of a car with only 2 miles on the clock! That meant it hasn't been PDI'ed correctly!!

Expect to see at least between 5 to 10 miles on the clock, official policy puts delivery mileage at less than 100.

I remember when I was with VAG and the official policy there was to reset the clock to zero for the customer which meant your VAG car could have already covered some mileage you would have known nothing about it.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

6 miles on the clock when I collected in March
              sigpic

Comment

Hi, if i remember right my new ds3 had about 9 miles on the clock but they did take it about 1 mile each way to fill the petrol tank up!!! CHARLIE

Comment

Ours had less than 20, but was still reading in km when we picked it up 2 weeks ago....
                  Again it was taken for fuel before being handed over.
                  Interesting comment on the 'broke in'... Are you saying that the car is already run-in during the build/delivery process? Can I safely take the engine above 4k rpm now that it's exceeded 500 miles?

Col

Comment

think mine was 6- would have to double check the handover docs but pretty sure it was
                    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Cool Cheers guys! Can't wait for the 1st of September. I still need to pop in a few weeks to pick a registration.

Comment

52 Miles for me, now just over 6k at just over 10 months. Still brilliant and no problems
                        CCC Citroenian "New DS" columnist.
                        Catering for DS3, 4 & 5.

Comment

Mine was 4.....drove it briskly for 500 miles or so, and then got the quickest 0-60 out of it when the mood takes my fancy.....

Enjoy!
                          Regards,
                          Clive.
                          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
                          X