No announcement yet.

New car niggles, anyone had these.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car niggles, anyone had these.....?

The near side corner of the bumper comes away from under the headlamp just a little. It looks like there could be a couple of retaining clips missing...

The drivers seat belt buckle doesn't 'pop' out of the catch when you press the release button, it feels like you have to lift it out...

Anyone else experienced similar?

I need to find a local dealer who will undertake the warranty work, as a 300 mile round trip to Preston isn't viable. I don't want to use Sutton Park in Warwick, as they're new to Citroen (previously Renault) and they didn't want to sell us a car 3 weeks ago, and Murley in Stratford upon Avon have just changed to Hyundai...
    Looking at Evans Halshaw in Banbury, anyone have any experience of them?

Cheers

Col

Originally posted by col6821 View Post
    The near side corner of the bumper comes away from under the headlamp just a little. It looks like there could be a couple of retaining clips missing...
    Only this one. What Reg is your car? My 10 plate and ds3adi's 10 plate did this also. Newer are (I thought) ok. I think there is an info thing for it. I'll look
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Here you go

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ght=info+rapid

Splash guard
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thanks, it's a '12' plate, new on 29th June. I guess that the dealer will fix it under warranty.
        Flippin great car though... We said we'd never buy another new car, but the DS3 is just sooo nice to look at and the deal for this was spot on.

Col

Comment

Yeah, they should repair under warranty

My car had its passenger side seatbelt replaced after it jammed, all FOC. Just don't alienate your dealer by going in guns blazing! I'm not saying you would, but some people think the only way to resolve things is to take a pop at them.

Glad you like the car!
          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thanks for the rapids, looking at them, this isn't my issue. The wheel arch splash liner around the arch is okay (I think), it's the bumper to wing join near the headlight that appears to be coming away (unless this is included in one of the documents without pictures, can only see the pictures in IR Splash.pdf).

Cheers

Col

Comment

Oh, erm. Not sure on that one. Take it in, will most definitley be fixed for you!
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

The pop out under the light is a common fault and not sure theres a fix. As for Suttons, they helped us out at our National so they should be alright. See the girlie in service and say its a follow up from our club event. Let us know what happens.

Comment

How large is this panel gap you mention and how does it compare to the other side? Any chance of a picture? With the seat belt have you tried squirting a wee shot of lube such as WD40 into the buckle, our first demo had the same problem and afterwards it worked a treat.

Not sure why you don't want to just use your local agent and save yourself a lot of trouble?
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

The NSF bumper can protrude by as much as about 5mm, you can see the slot in the bumper fixing (which leads me to think that there's a retaining clip missing) I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow, the OSF bumper doesn't move at all. I'll try some lube on the seat belt buckle and see how it goes.

I was disappointed with my local agent after attempting to purchase from them 4 weeks ago and not being taken seriously. They've only just transferred from a Renault dealership and the sales persons product knowledge was poor to say the least, and his attitude to helping me was worse...

Still, they've had a recommendation on here, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if the car needs to go in.

Comment

you can still take it to stratford they are still authorised repairers. also murley nissan on nelson lane in warwick will be able to look at it (thats where i am now)
                      Don't sell Citroen's anymore... so cheap digs are unnecessary
                      DS3 DSport Plus 150THP Red/Black (never had any problems)

Comment

Working...
                      X