insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance?

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. The roof of my DS3 got a few dents in it when debris was blowing around in the strong winds over the winter. If I claim from my insurance to repair it, will it make my premiums go up? I know it is an insurance claim, but does it make a difference that it is not due to an accident?

It will have an affect yes, the other point to note is that unless you have it protected you will most likely lose your NCD.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

YES ? Of course it will ?

Do you know how insurance works ? :S

Comment

Even if you did it would be too late as you have a duty to make the claim to your insurer within 30 days of the incident date not some 6 months after the event.
        sigpic

Comment

You can usually get 2 claims over a 5 year period but still be able to keep No claims Bonus intact (Therefore insurance shouldnt go up)
          Not sure if the second claim is the one that looses NCB or the 3rd (Probly 2nd)
          You would still have to pay your excess anyway, and if that a lot then its not worth claiming to get work done
          AJ07 is your man. He works in the game (taking money off people for buying fresh air- cynical me)
          CBLUE

Edit: Just realised didnt say you must have paid to have a protected no claims bonus re line 1
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 20-07-2012, 13:27.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
          X