Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie cople of questions

newbie here so be gentle guys lol
    im looking to order dsport plus , gonna go for white with black roof and wheels , which leads me to first question , are wheels/tyres low profile ? and Bluetooth , when making call can you use steering wheel stalk to select contacts ? I have seat leon copa which has worst hands free ever , you can not select contacts from steering wheel and have to do it from satnav thus taking eyes of road , which defeats purpose of having it , and how good is ICE system ?

Hi there and welcome,

Yes wheels are low profile on the DSport Plus (Extra Load tyres).

Yes you can use steering wheel (well it's a stalk on the right side below wiper stalk) to select contacts. I don't find the bluetooth controls are fantastic but the bluetooth quality itself is good (I had a Leon FR and loved that bluetooth control).

No idea what ICE is! So apologies!

The DSport Plus is a nice car, you won't be disappointed.

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Hi and welcome. The contacts are selected using the steering wheel mounted controls however, you still have to look at the stereo display to see what contact is selected. You cant voice activate it from the steering wheel.

The "ICE" I believe means the sound system? The sounds is pretty good for a standard built in system. By far the best I've had. Some would say it could still be improved by making some changes yourself however I wont bother myself as it is loud and bassy enough for me and I play it loud

sigpic
      Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

ICE=In Car Entertainment.

To me it's pretty good and the only thing it misses is the voice dial from the stalk but you can always hit your voice dial on your phone if it's mounted and setup properly. To make a call you just press and hold in the source button on the stalk for a second or 2, you can then choose to call from your call list or from your contact- you then use the little scroll wheel to go up and your contacts, pressing source again makes the call- nice and simple.

Bluetooth quality extremely good as is the in car mic. Most people do not realise I'm calling them from a car so the sound correction is very good on the mic.

USB is very easy to use although some people have had some gremlins (HEATON) but the sound is as good as the tracks you put in.

The actual sound quality from the sound system is fantastic to me but then again I don't listen to very loud techno but for all my tunes is first class.

Hope that helps
        http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
        Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by scottsgazza View Post
          newbie here so be gentle guys lol
          im looking to order dsport plus , gonna go for white with black roof and wheels , which leads me to first question , are wheels/tyres low profile ? and Bluetooth , when making call can you use steering wheel stalk to select contacts ? I have seat leon copa which has worst hands free ever , you can not select contacts from steering wheel and have to do it from satnav thus taking eyes of road , which defeats purpose of having it , and how good is ICE system ?
          Wheels are 17" tyres are 205/45 so fairly low profile.

I think the stereo system is very good for a standard fit, if I lived in my car I might think about changing things but as I don't even use my car everyday I'll spend my money on other things.
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

The Bluetooth question has already been answered now but a little tip would be to take along with you one of your favourite CD's and play it in the car, there should be no reason why your dealer won't let you as I encourage it all the time!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome!

Keep us updated - if you place the order.
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

good advice , although he may want to step out of car when I do lol

Comment

Originally posted by scottsgazza View Post
                  good advice , although he may want to step out of car when I do lol
                  Can't be worse than some music tastes on here!
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                  X