Comment

Totally sad, but I have matching plates for my cars

sigpic

Comment

awwwwwwww
        http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
        Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

I have only just got the second one though, previously I didn't have 2 cars that I felt warranted a special plate, the DS3 changed that.
          sigpic

Comment

and another...awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
            http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
            Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Hi My name is Clive P...

My Reg is CL11 VEP......been offered 10 times what I paid for it - but no way, it's mine for life!!!! I've got some others too.

Go for it, if you enjoy it - I don't spend my money on much but cars (and koi carp) are my indulgences!!!!

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Yes yes yes

I have X8 SCG on my pride and joy... 3rd car I've put it on. Stays with you forever... Defo worth it!,

Comment

I never used to like them, but when I treated myself to a brand new 207 GTI, my first ever new car back in 2007 I thought I would have a look for one and found B7 TDW for £299 and snapped it up.
                  2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Ok, think I've convinced myself to go for a custom plate... So just saving the money now...

One quick q... Was looking around at a couple of sites, and some of them list a '3D Carbon Domed effect' plate... One example is: http://www.demonplates.com/pop/carbon.php which I think looks very smart.
                    The million dollar question though - Are these completely legal and no chance of having issues?

Cheers
                    Gavin

Comment

^ Den would be the right person to ask but as far as I'm aware no they are not.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have the carbon effect plates and they are defo legal. I looked into it to make sure. As long as you don't have a footer like with your name on and a badge on the left side like a football team badge etc (you are only allowed country flags) then you will be fine. Also it has to have the company postcode and BS number in the bottom right corner of the plate.
                        Last edited by Clairt83; 02-08-2012, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Clairt83 View Post
                          I have the carbon effect plates and they are defo legal. I looked into it to make sure. As long as you don't have a footer like with your name on and a badge on the left side like a football team badge etc (you are only allowed country flags) then you will be fine. Also it has to have the company postcode and BS number in the bottom right corner of the plate.
                          Yeh, was guna steer clear of badges and slogans... Not a good look...

Have you got the 'domed' effect ones, or the flat carbon effect ones?

Comment

i have the domed effect ones, they look really nice too

Comment

I had a quick little look and yes those should be legal even with the 'domed' effect.

Source - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ates/DG_181503

Learn something new....
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

You bet me to it bigfeet, i was just gunna post the link :-) As long as you meet all the other requirements, font, spacing etc, 3D is totally 100% legal.

Comment

Working...
                                X