Custom Registration's - Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect...

Spotted that B19PPh posted a pic in post #13... Exactly the look I was going for

Now to get the money together to buy it...

Comment

I also have these plates on my car and have had this affect for the last 3 years, like clair said if they have all the correct marks on they are fine.
      2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

When the dealer registered my car I automatically got a personalised plate JYS, now I just need to get myself a middle name begining with Y. Suggestions ?

Comment

Motorists in England, Scotland and Wales have the option to display the Union Flag, Cross of St George, Cross of St Andrew (also known as the Saltire) or Red Dragon of Wales together with one of the following identifiers: GREAT BRITAIN, Great Britain, GB, UNITED KINGDOM, United Kingdom, UK, CYMRU, Cymru, CYM, Cym, ENGLAND, England, ENG, Eng, SCOTLAND, Scotland, SCO, Sco, WALES or Wales.
          Hmmmm. I wonder where I can get a plate with the Red Dragon of Wales and a "Scotland" identifier made up?
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Originally posted by B19PPh View Post
            I had mine ten years, Bday present with my initials. Its my user name on everything and email Drb19pph@. Will be on my 12 reg before the 62's come out
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4129[/ATTACH]
            Is this type deemed OK as "BLACK "on a white or yellow background?
            Looks like carbon effect grey to me on a yellow background

It was suggested to me by a copper that the raised dome effect wasnt legal (I never argue) because it couldnt be read
            Dont know whether he was right or not as I was off road parking at the time with domed effect plates
            So just used domed effect for shows.
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

cheaper just to change you name by deed poll to what ever your new reg is :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by mixin View Post
                Hmmmm. I wonder where I can get a plate with the Red Dragon of Wales and a "Scotland" identifier made up?
                Easy, buy a number that starts SY, SX, SB, SH, SW, etc and then have the dragon on the side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...United_Kingdom
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I wanted my Ham radio call sign M0ZMO they wanted £600 no way am I paying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
                    I wanted my Ham radio call sign M0ZMO they wanted £600 no way am I paying that.
                    From what I've seen, £600 is relatively cheap in the range of private plate costs...
                    E.g. 99 GAV has an auction reserve of £1800 :O

Guess it's a subjective thing though... When you think that it's something that you could potentially keep for the rest of your car owning life, then doesn't sound too bad...

Comment

Got my reg direct from the DVLA back in 2000, it cost £500, they wanted £1000 for reg numbers starting with X1, X2 & X3 that's why I went with X4 & my initials
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatmcgav View Post
                        Perfect...

Spotted that B19PPh posted a pic in post #13... Exactly the look I was going for

Now to get the money together to buy it...
                        Highly recommend these, little mod that makes a big difference. Mine don't have any info apart from the reg, so far had no probs from the plod. They are legal

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        Is this type deemed OK as "BLACK "on a white or yellow background?
                        Looks like carbon effect grey to me on a yellow background

It was suggested to me by a copper that the raised dome effect wasnt legal (I never argue) because it couldnt be read
                        Dont know whether he was right or not as I was off road parking at the time with domed effect plates
                        So just used domed effect for shows.
                        CBLUE
                        Had no probs with these plates, had them for about 7-8 years but in the pic I posted they do look more grey. Can asure you they look black in the flesh.

Comment

Working...
                        X