X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car lease

Hi all,

New to forum and like the ds3.

As don't think can get car on finance due to credit history thinking of getting
    One through lease scheme at work by sacrificing £360 of my gross salary.

Anyone have the ds3 sport+ that can give any feedback on car as thinking of getting this model in
    Racing red or all black.

Thanks

Graham

Graham

Welcome to the forums...

Can highly recommend the DSport+... Have a eHDI in White/Belle-ile Blue, and am still enjoying getting to know the car after nearly 3 weeks ownership...

With regards to finance etc, all I can suggest is go for it... I didn't think I'd get finance either, due to CC's etc in the past... However mine went through without any issues...
    At the end of the day, what have you got to loose by trying?
    And £360pm sounds very high... Mines in under £300pm on a 3yr PCP...

Otherwise, Bigfeet did post up on here saying that Citroen are doing some impressive 2 year lease deals atm, so may be worth looking at those...

HTH

Gav

Comment

Thanks Gav for feedback.

Had a feeling 360 may have been high this is with all services, tyres, insurance etc included all I need to do is add fuel.

Think a trip to dealership maybe required to see if can get finance.

Thanks

Graham

Comment

No worries...

Maybe not soo bad if all u've gotta add is fuel...

FYI, I bought mine through a Broker online, which meant collecting the car from a dealer in Derby... Might be an option for you to compare against ure local dealer price...

Cheers
        Gav

Comment

You mentioned the £360 would be coming out of your gross salary, will this be taken out before tax & national insurance, if so then you will obviously see less of a reduction in your take home pay so the figure may be closer to what people are paying to Citroen for leasing.
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I have the dsport ehdi on 3 year deal as well and its only costing me £249 a month... my credit check got refused about 14times as i tried my hardest to get it sorted to see what was wrong with my finance. Eventually i proved i was worthy and the £250 a month is well worth it

Comment

Arlow 360 is from gross before tax n.i is applied to pay.

Comment

Gents,

In essence the advice I'd give is to compare the total cost over your chosen period - my DS3 started on £89 a month, but that was because I put down the maximum deposit allowed on Elect 3 (at the time 40%, I presume it still is). I then paid it all off after a couple of months (I was taking advantage of the Elect 3 contribution from Citroen but wanted to pay outright, so the only way was to take the Elect 3 short term) and I got a great starting price anyway. Now I like Biggie lots so I no longer harp on about the deal or where to go, but the monthly payment is only half (or maybe a different proportion of the story!).

So if the deal is deposit (which might be nil on a lease?) and 24 or 36 months times £x per month - add it all up and you have the total price. In my case the total price is what I paid minus whatever I trade it for...in essence all different ways of driving a car but it's quite easy to do the compare the total cost that way.....I appreciate of course you need the funds to be able to make the choice, but you can at least compare Elect 3 from your chosen dealer with the lease deal.....my guess on getting approved is if you are approved by one of them, all of them will approve you, as I presume they use similar criteria to assess the risk of lending.....

Regards,
                Clive.
                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

£360 sounds very steep to me, mine is via a lease at work and mine is £240 a month and same as you all I do is add fuel!
                  Awesome car what ever you decide to do, puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
                  Last edited by MurphysPaw; 12-08-2012, 21:03.

Comment

Our DS3...which I am informed should arrive at the dealers by the end of the week, is costing us £214pm on a 3x24 deal. Would have been less but we wanted 15k miles per year and a lower advance rental which is £642.00. It however a no maintenance deal but I think that works out ok for us. Given the long service intervals on the eHDi it means we will only need two services before we hand the car back. Tyres? I'm not sure how long they last but we get all our rubber from Etyres so they are never that expensive. Anyway we're happy with £214 pm over two years. We'll just get another new car at the end of it and carry on. Can't see any point in actually buying a car any more.

Comment

went into the Cit garage 2 weeks ago and ordered a dsport plus 110, costing me

875£ deposit
                      23 x 275£
                      2 year plan
                      22k miles a year

pure brilliance!

Comment

Originally posted by DCC View Post
                        went into the Cit garage 2 weeks ago and ordered a dsport plus 110, costing me

875£ deposit
                        23 x 275£
                        2 year plan
                        22k miles a year

pure brilliance!
                        Sounds good. I assume that was with maintenance? 22k per year is very good if that's the sort of mileage you will do. Is it contract hire or pcp ?

Comment

yeah its good was only like £8 a month to go from 18k a year to 22k. I do 16k a year for work alone, so the extra 6 is for personal use. pcp mate

Comment

On a pcp it's even better. Our Citroen dealer wanted our C4 in px at £2300 plus payments of £284 pm over three years and only 12k per year mileage! Needless to say we knew we could get a better deal elsewhere, which we did

Comment

thats steep! what deal did you finally get? (if you dont mind me asking?)

Comment

Working...
                              X