Differences between 150 and 155 THP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between 150 and 155 THP?

My hunt for a DS3 is leaving me a bit confused, so could anybody point me in the right direction....

Is there any noticeable difference between the 150 and 155 1.6 THP DSport engines?
    How do you tell each apart, other than looking at the VED Band?
    What year cars will the crossover be on, eg are all cars on an 11 plate 150's etc etc as it never seems clear on the used cars websites?

Thanks in advance.
    Phil
    62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Hi Phil,

I'm not 100% sure but I think the cross-over was around October last year - so I think all 11 plates will be 150s.

I have the 150 and it's a nice little car - the performance is the same - they just managed to tweak the engine and reduce the COs emissions on the 155, so taking the Vehicle Tax Band down (from £170pa to I think £120ishpa) - and also increased the combined mpg by about 5.....

So depends if that matters, I get about 35mpg off my 150 ('real' not what the computer says which is always a few more than that).

I'm sure if you did look at a second hand one and were not sure, if you got the VIN number, our friendly Citroen dealer on here (Bigfeet) could tell you from the VIN number.

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

If you were looking at a second hand one and weren't sure on the engine just check how much the tax costs

Comment

I thought that 150 / 155 meant bhp or is it called PS now, so is the performance identical and ther 155 is just bragging rights?
        Last edited by Phil H; 02-09-2012, 22:00.

Comment

Hi Phil,

Yes the 150/155 refers to BHP - as I understand it, in reality by tweaking the BHP up, and managing to lower the COs output at the same time it all aobut cancels out - thus the cheaper VED.

Regards,
          Clive.

Comment

Sorry Clive both have 156 PS. PS actually stands for Pferde starke German for horse power. It is the metric version of horse power and is a little different from BHP
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Ah, yes, I stand corrected - is each 'PS' just fractionally more than 1 BHP if I recall rightly?

Thanks,
              Clive.

Comment

Many thanks for clearing that one up, so as you have been telling me all along, they are both the same in performance, just one's lower tax bracket.
                Anyone know of a DSport Plus with black roof and black alloys selling anywhere? The leather may prove more child friendly in the long run (read wipe clean).

Comment

As it has already been pointed out the main difference between the engines is the C02, but there the 155 engine has all the recommend fixes applied to it as well. You can't really tell the difference between the two by just looking at the engine, the only way to do that is have your dealer confirm which model year the car is listed as which they can check via the Citroen SAGAI system or indeed Citroen service. The LCDV code for the THP155 Sport+ is 1CYA A3 V CC 6 70 9X 15.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Like biggy said- almost identical engines- same power etc but it's a later generation so alot of the first gen problems were alleviated in the 155 then they tinkered with the map to get the extra MPG and better CO2
                    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

You can compare both engines here: http://www.automobile-catalog.com/

THP 155 is a bit slower in real terms than 150 due to lower CO2 emissions. However, I think that the main advantage of 155 thp engine is that initial "problems" of 150 thp have been removed.

Comment

Trust me cartier, my 155 isn't slower than a 150 hehe

Comment

It does make me smile when folks go on about the 0-62 times...

None of us have a hope in hell of achieving them!
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm currently at 6.2s timed using torque pro

Comment

In response to the quotes aboout "ironed out the gremlins" are you saying a 150 has some issues that will crop up, or will recalls have rectified this?

Comment

Working...
                              X