Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed THP

G/Day all

Having a bit of fun at an airstrip in January including 1000m speed test which brings me to ask,

What is the top speed of my Red rollerskate standard 2012 Sports THP ?

Cheers

Benton
    Attached Files

Parkers lists the top speed of the THP as 133MPH. Not sure how accurate that is, I think a few on here have been on track days so they might be able to confirm.

Awesome pic btw
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Top end- or how long?

Think whats as important is how long it takes to get to the top speed before you run out of road LOL
      Thats why modifications on performance are nice- they increase how quick it takes to get there
      Got to 122mph with ease on the Dynomometer in my THP 150 and had more to go- didnt wanna push to extreme till get some more work done
      Cant see me going much more than 120mph on say German Autobahns- would not feel comfortable
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

There's a track near me called the M6. Took it up to 135 on there before the steering became a little too light
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I know that track.

Someone measured my speed for me and even gave me a ticket to prove it

Jimbob

Comment

I managed to max out the speedo on the autobahns in Germany several times
            DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

i managed to pop out a 210-215 on the meter (km/h). didnt feel like pushing it any further as its just mental :x
              BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                There's a track near me called the M6. Took it up to 135 on there before the steering became a little too light
                Careful- you'll get banned if thats 135mph u talkin
                I'm no Angel by far, but thats going some- could even do time for that speed
                Wicked man! No wonder u got Dangerous in your name LOL
                Checked my Dyno run- was 125mph and graph was still headin upwards (More oxygen throughput)
                Roll on the Sports cat. Money in bank waitin- for a few other ideas too
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Living in Germany I will say that high speed isn't the DS3's strong point. Just not as planted as my BMW or Merc were. It is made for those back road though. that is where it is truly in its element.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    Living in Germany I will say that high speed isn't the DS3's strong point. Just not as planted as my BMW or Merc were. It is made for those back road though. that is where it is truly in its element.
                    Quite true Cyclone- and whats the point of top speeds in UK?
                    Thing is, for more grip, u need more weight, therfore more power
                    All a balancing act
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                      Very true, at really high speeds, it did feel like I was gonna lift off the ground at any point, really had to hold the steering steady to stop being blown out of lane!
                      DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

So why does the steering feel really light when going top end speeds?
                        Better ask Czar i spose
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          So why does the steering feel really light when going top end speeds?
                          Better ask Czar i spose
                          CBLUE
                          It's because it's electric power steering and it's not setup to be progressively stiffer at those speeds (i.e illegal speeds) But i'm sure with the right equipment you could connect and edit it so it would become stiffer and less "floaty" at high speeds.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Clarke View Post
                            It's because it's electric power steering and it's not setup to be progressively stiffer at those speeds (i.e illegal speeds) But i'm sure with the right equipment you could connect and edit it so it would become stiffer and less "floaty" at high speeds.
                            I think that may be part of it but those illegal speeds are perfectly legal for me and in stock form high speed driving and breaking were down right scary. Lowering the car helped out both of those. So would put some of the "lightness" down to bad aerodynamics.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Echoing what Cyclone says- speeds above 3 figures are not llegal in all countries, and in UK we have Tracks, Circuits, and private land where above 70mph is fine and not illegal.
                              Surely a manufacturer should not boast about attaining a top speed well above 3 figures, where the vehicle does not remain completely stable. So having to set up the power steering to cope with that, seems an afterthought
                              I will be getting my wheels and tyres checked out, and when a suspension upgrade is fitted, will make sure it is appropriate to the vehicle set up.
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X