Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footrest question

Hi all.

I've read a couple of threads regarding issues with the carpet on the footrest wearing excessively. My question is, has anybody removed theirs and it just a case of lifting the carpet and removing the footrest altogether or reducing its width? I'm a former mechanic so the "how to part" shouldn't be too difficult however I wondered if anybody knows what material the footrest itself is made from. I haven't taken delivery of my DS3 yet so I can't check but I'd want to make any modifications as soon as I get it so any advice in advance would help.

Kevin

From what I understand it is made of a foam like material and can be reduced in size by removing part of the foam to reduce its width from top to bottom, if you understand my meaning. this entails lifting the carpet uo in the footwell first most members have not bothered, myself included. A black sharpie makes it less obvious but other members who I have shown it to say Where? Initially until they look closer once they are directed to where to look.
    sigpic

Comment

The hole in the carpet is one of those strange occurences that a few people have had with no reason. I've got size 12 feet and not worn one down yet but people with smaller feet have?

Comment

Isn't the metal footrest plate the simple answer or have I misunderstood?

Jimbob

Comment

From what I understand the hole appears down the side

Comment

Best advice here is if you're worried about the wearing the side is to stick a strip of extra carpet along the edge to act as a buffer.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not too concerned about the hole in the carpet. I found that on the test drive and when I drove my friends New DS3 the other day, my left foot caught the edge of the footrest when dipping the clutch. I can adjust but my pupils may find this a little harder to do at first. This is something that my friend encountered with his first pupil in the new car on Saturday. The position of the clutch pedal is slightly different to my current car so it will take a bit of getting used to. I'll look at my friends one and see how easy it is to alter and go from there.

Kevin

Comment

Now you see it

Now you don't

Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                  Now you see it
                  Now you don't
                  Footwells a bit dirty AJ- Been yomping in them wellies?
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X