Have I got a good deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I got a good deal??

I've been contemplating whether to get a ds3 vti 120bhp dstyle plus for over a week now at the best possible price. Now I need to decide!!

Best offer I have had ( after a lot of haggling!) is as follows:

Elect 3 PCP
    Part Ex -2200 ( this is what putting me off, 57 plate, 1.4 C2, 40k, I think it should be more!)
    Settlement -3600
    Net - Owe Finanace conpany - 1400
    Citroens Contribution - 1500
    My Deposit - 1000
    3 years at 208 per month
    Future Value -6671

What are peoples thoughts on this?? Good deal? Or not?

Thanks

No,

Go for either one of the HDi's or the THP. You'll want to self harm in the turbo-less VTi...

Plus you'll get alot more for your C2. My misses has a 2005 1.1 SX with 50,000 miles and she's been offered £2500 PX

Comment

I'm with Zack! Get a diesel it rips your head off compared to the gutless 120 and you'll be saving a hell of a lot of money in fuel to be honest! "You'll want to self harm in the turbo-less VTi..." (Couldn't of worded it better !)

Comment

Agree with Zack, looks like a crap deal to me.

I had a quick look on Autotrader & Ebay Motors and most C2's of similar age with similar mileage are going for at least £3500. You should have been offered much nearer £3k for yours (unless there's something wrong with it you haven't mentioned).
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Cheers for the replies.

One thing I've established im definitely going to go in and ask the dealer for more on the c2 ( which is in very good condition!) I have had actually been offered 3000 elsewhere but the monthly payments came to 250/month but going to aim for 3000 to bring payments down further.

Regarding the vti's going by spec I thoight it did 0-60 in 8.x as opposed to 11.x in the diesels? Now im confused.

Cheers.

Comment

im with the rest of these comments get a diesel & go somewhere else for your px,i did & the ohter dealer gave me an extra 2k so its worth shopping around
            have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

It very hard to say if the deal is good for you or not as none of us are you, only you can decide if what's offered works for you or not.

The problem with your post is that you offer no details what so ever about your PX, within the network C2's are bad news which may reflect the offer on your car. Most likely though the dealer is using GAP rather than Glasses or there is something about your car that we don't know about.

The next point is what's the circumstances with your current finance, again no details which would allow us to advise.

Besides if I had a pound for very time a customer says their PX is in good condition......! :rolleyes:
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Cheers for the replies.

1. Regarding a diesel, why are people recommending these over a petrol? Im assuming due to running costs as opposed to speed as the petrol is quicker on paper.

2. Further info regarding P/X
                C2 Cool
                1.4 - Engine
                43000 - mileage
                57 plate
                Silver
                Full service history.
                Recent MOT
                No bumps/ Noscratches ( apsrt from the small ones of course)/interior in good condition too.

3 years left on finance at 3600 settlement.
                Been offered 2200.

Hope this is sufficient? Anything else that I could put which would help?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisProth View Post
                  Cheers for the replies.

1. Regarding a diesel, why are people recommending these over a petrol? Im assuming due to running costs as opposed to speed as the petrol is quicker on paper.

Thanks
                  Would guess people with a Diesel recommend a diesel, and vice versa
                  Diesels will save you money on fuel, and 1.6 petrol a bit of excitement
                  Just what lifestyle choice u want really
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hello! I can probably give some info on number 1.
                    The diesel will cost less to run (as long as you do decent miles in it) but will also probably be quicker in the real world. 0-60 times are really irrelevant for most people seeing as they generally don't hoon off the line at the lights at maximum attack (at least, not all the time). The diesel will have much better mid range pull thanks to the turbo and will probably be much better in gear for when you are overtaking etc.
                    It would probably be a good idea to test drive both if you can to see which you prefer and which suit your personal driving style better.
                    Hope that helped!
                    Last edited by Parafilm; 21-11-2012, 18:27. Reason: Spelling as per
                    '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                    '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                    'We do what we must, because we can.'
                    Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Parafilm is right, The pull of the turbo in the HDi's and all of that added torque will out-accelerate the VTi easily. In normal day to day driving you're rarely going to be in a situation where you're at a standstill and have to accelerate immediately to 60mph+.

Figures...

VTi 120 @ 116 lb/ft

HDi 90 @ 175 lb/ft

HDi 110 @ 200 lb/ft

With an untraceable remap from SP Tuning / Burbage Motorsport you'll get 125 bhp and in the 200's lb/ft of torque with the HDi 90 and much more with the 110. Not to mention the £20 /year tax on the diesels and the great MPG !

Comment

Have to say that I'm with others on the diesel vs petrol. I test drove the VTi and the HDi 90bhp. I went to the dealer convinced I would have a petrol model because it would be a lot sprightlier than my out-going C4 diesel. How wrong I was. Yes, the VTi was quicker off the mark, but on hitting a bit of hill, it was necessary to drop a cog or two to maintain progress. The HDi with its greater torque would have left the VTi behind no problem. My recommendation is to test drive the two and see which suits your style of driving and the conditions where you will be doing most of your driving.

Comment

When I bought our HDi I was suprised to find out that new 90 and 110+115 HDI's are now less than 100 g/km so free road tax now.....
                          D-Sport 146.7ps HDi - Hickory - Pearlescent Dysentery
                          MK7 Golf GTI - Performance Pack

Comment

Thanks for the details, the dealer have sightly under valued the car, but remember they have seen it and we haven't, but the guide is tracking at around £2600 for your C2 so the valuation is not a million miles off.

If you have 3 years on the finance I take it you have a 5 year deal on the car? If so it might be better for you to look at the possibility of terminating your current agreement, it would work out cheaper than taking the shortfall over to the new car. Would also avoid you having to pay interest on that amount again. If you go this route do also consider contract hiring the car instead.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My September 62 plate Dstyle Plus 120 VTi with additional £480 for it in Sport Red came in at something like £12,744
                              £2,000 deposit
                              3 yrs PCP at £179.86 based on 12k a year mileage.
                              GFV £6045
                              £1,500 deposit from Citroen + free servicing + roadside assistance.

The funny part was I went to a nearby Evans Halshaw who reckoned they could do better and maybe they could have done, but after the sales manger trying to be my friend (usual sales tactics) and them continually trying to hard sell me extortionate GAP and Paint Protection, despite me telling them I could get GAP for £90 and I like cleaning and polishing all my cars, I walked out and had the salesman hanging off my ankle all the way back to my car. He was most peeved when he called me the next morning and I told him I had just put a deposit down elsewhere.

My local dealer wouldn't drop below £200 a month like for like, so I bought from drivethedeal.com who simply put me in touch with a dealer who want to hit sales targets with minimal aggro, they gave fantastic service and wanted to sell a car instead of insurance and supaguard.

It may be possible to get cheaper, but the figures all suited me, so it was a JFDI job.
                              62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X