Have I got a good deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenny.c View Post
    When I bought our HDi I was suprised to find out that new 90 and 110+115 HDI's are now less than 100 g/km so free road tax now.....
    Yep. I have a 110 e-hdi. £0 road tax and you can register to be exempt from the London Congestion Charge. Not that I drive into Central London a lot, but it's handy to have.

Regarding performance, the 110's torque makes it really easy to drive quickly in quite a relaxed way. You can just feather the acceleration pedal and let the engine pull the car really confidently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      Thanks for the details, the dealer have sightly under valued the car, but remember they have seen it and we haven't, but the guide is tracking at around £2600 for your C2 so the valuation is not a million miles off.

If you have 3 years on the finance I take it you have a 5 year deal on the car? If so it might be better for you to look at the possibility of terminating your current agreement, it would work out cheaper than taking the shortfall over to the new car. Would also avoid you having to pay interest on that amount again. If you go this route do also consider contract hiring the car instead.
      Yeah it is a 5 year deal. If I cancelled my current agreement I assume you assume you mean pay off the settlement myself by selling my car elsewhere before agreeing a new contract?

Cheers

Comment

Do a search on voluntary termination of a finance agreement. Doesn't affect your credit score at all and can be a good way out.
        62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

I think that it is all in the deal. I wanted a diesel sport for the ? high mileage that I do. However, the deal they offered me on the vti worked out at £75 / month less for the vti to a dsport, as the dstyle + gave me most of the looks and features, I decided I had to do one hell of a lot of mileage to gain back through better economy. Having had the last 3 diesels (family cars e.g C4 grand picasso) the mid range pull and ease of torque is great and the power delivery is different. But at the end of the day, I love driving my car, and the linear pull of non-turbos opposed to the gutless performance below the turbo kick in, of the sxi corsa dti I had (had to drop into first when turning into some roads to get the pull) makes driving real fun. So I say go for the deal, and really carefully consider the amount and type of driving you do!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisProth View Post
            Yeah it is a 5 year deal. If I cancelled my current agreement I assume you assume you mean pay off the settlement myself by selling my car elsewhere before agreeing a new contract?

Cheers
            Dig out your Finance documents and first of all make sure that it is a Hire Purchase (you'll be amazed at the number I've seen which are really under Personal Loan terms) and the look through until you find a section referring to your legal rights. Within that section there will be details on your right for Termination and the figure that must be paid in order to exercise them, this number with be 50% of your TAP (Total Amount Payable). If you have reached this point then you can just end the agreement and return the C2 back to the Finance Company with no effect on your Credit Rating.

------------

Paulie makes a good point which most customers miss these days, it's all in the deal and whether that deal is right for YOU. Doesn't matter how many opinions you get only YOU can make the choice and decision, what works for one doesn't always work for another. But yet again sometimes it's the way you have been looked after which also has a big bearing on a deal. That said I lose count of the amount of times I have spent hours with a customer making sure everything is okay, checking things and making sure they understand things only to be screwed over for a hundred pounds...

It's like buying beans at a 3 for 2 special, yes you got a great saving and a free tin but it's meaningless if you hate beans....
            Last edited by Bigfeet; 23-11-2012, 09:12.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
            X