My evening :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another update..

Had a productive day yesterday. Got confirmation that the are going to repair the car, so hopefully should have it back in a couple of weeks :-)
    I need to find out exactly what they are repairing, replacing, respraying etc...

Do I've now got a courtesy car in the form of a VW Polo.. Not too bad to drive, though a bit gutless...

Also has another call informing me that the lady at the front stated that she only felt one impact, such would suggest that I was pushed into her, so from an insurance perspective there should be no liability on me :-D

And finally, I managed to get a few more pictures of the car in the light...

Looked like mainly panels, plus a busted radiator on the front... Boot floor has deformed slightly aswell, so they'll have to straighten that out...

So, things are finally looking up :-)

Cheers
    Gav
    Attached Files

Comment

Glad you've got some good news. Some pretty horrible photos

Hope you get it all back in one piece soon
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

sorry to hear this happened! glad your okay & hope you get it back as a good as new soon

Comment

Heart Breaking.
          sigpic

Comment

Ouch!

Still, looking on the bright side, at least it'll get a wash now.

Comment

Thank god!!!!!

....the WRC stickers are ok!

Fingers crossed you won't be waiting to long to get your motor back mate.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

:mad:

And just like that it all changes...
                Received an e-letter from Admiral this afternoon saying that my car has now been deemed 'uneconomical to repair' following their statement on Thursday that it would in-fact be repaired.
                I had to phone them to verify, and they confirmed that the engineer has re-assed the car and it has been declared a total loss :'(

So now I've got to provide V5C details so they can value the car and come up with probably a diabolical settlement figure... And I've got to work out what I'm doing about getting a new one

Question to anyone - Is it still common practise for Insurance Co's to replace a nearly new car, rather than just paying off the outstanding finance? Can I push for that to happen?
                As I fear that if I have to enter into a new finance agreement, I either wont get approved due to the current finance agreement on my credit record, or a new agreement wont be as cost effective as my current one, due to the recent price rises
                There's also then the lead time on availability, as I've only got a hire car on the policy for 21 days, which is yet another challenge

Arghhhhh, could've done without that on a Monday to spoil my week :'(

N lol @ gar074 - Yes, the car was well overdue a clean :redface:

Gav

Comment

Is the car less than a year old? Most insurance companies will do this, check your policy, remember 'new' is where you are the first keeper in the log book (perils of pre-reg you're not told about )

The only issue here is your finance with your current car, insurance companies all have different guidelines.

The other thing which I think has been answered is do you have a GAP policy?

Comment

Car isn't even 6months old yet
                    N yeh, I was the first registered keeper of the car.

Yeh, sounds like the finance is guna be the challenging factor...

N yes, I do have a Vehicle Replacement Plus+ GAP policy with ALA, which I took out a couple of months after purchasing the car - hopefully that should still cover any short-fall if necessary...

Cheers
                    Gav

Comment

Originally posted by fatmcgav View Post
                      Car isn't even 6months old yet
                      N yeh, I was the first registered keeper of the car.

Yeh, sounds like the finance is guna be the challenging factor...

N yes, I do have a Vehicle Replacement Plus+ GAP policy with ALA, which I took out a couple of months after purchasing the car - hopefully that should still cover any short-fall if necessary...

Cheers
                      Gav
                      Super!

Have you talked to the GAP insurer yet as you need too straight away now your car insurer has declared the car is a W/O, they will want to discuss the settlements themselves.

Comment

Gav,

Hi mate, sorry to hear about the car - you know, in my opinion, a brand new one (effectively) is the best bet given the state of the car - and for no more than your excess! If you'd have traded it, would have cost loads more! I remember collecting you from the train station when you collected the car (14th July if I recall correctly!).

As you took out GAP (I must admit I never do), it's good to see you getting advantage of it.

Smile, sit back (obviously having contacted all the people you need as per Bigfeet's note) and despite the short term hassle of waiting, you'll have a nice new shiny one soon...

Bigfeet can now use this to sell Gap Insurance a good example of where, for once, the gamble paid off!

Regards,
                        Clive.
                        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Super!

Have you talked to the GAP insurer yet as you need too straight away now your car insurer has declared the car is a W/O, they will want to discuss the settlements themselves.
                          Nope, haven't done as yet... Was trying to get hire car sorted first...

Looks like I'm guna have a busy evening though...

Cheers
                          Gav

Comment

Hope it all works out for you Gav

Good point Clive, might ask Joni to rename this thread "Why you should have GAP!"

Comment

Yep, fingers crossed all around...

Now to battle on with making these phone calls...

Will update later this week...

Gav

Comment

That is a result. I took out GAP insurance on mine too.

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly for you
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X