My evening :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Gav mate.

If you order a new one in the same colour and ask them to drive it across a ploughed field for the PDI, you'll never notice the difference!

Comment

Ohhhh

Sorry to hear about the result. Hope its all sorted soon x
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Ok, quick update...

Had the first settlement figure through from Admiral yesterday, which whilst OK, is still a distance from what it would cost to buy the same spec at the same age...
        So will be bouncing that settlement figure back at them later today.
        Have also contacted the GAP insurance co, who are getting a valuation of the car to see if the settlement figure is sensible...
        And also contacted CFS to get a settlement figure, so have that to hand now aswell.

Question for you Bigfeet: What offers are available on the DS3 atm, if any? Looking at Elect 3 again, ideally on an identical car... (DSport Plus 110 eHDI Belle-ile Blue/White)

More to follow...

Cheers
        Gavin

Comment

Citroen are still running the Service/Breakdown package and the low rate Elect3. if your not worried about owning the car at the end of the term (trading in anyway) take a serious look at Contract Hire. Sorted out a lovely couple this week and on a two year turnaround its saving them nearly £60 a month!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            Citroen are still running the Service/Breakdown package and the low rate Elect3. if your not worried about owning the car at the end of the term (trading in anyway) take a serious look at Contract Hire. Sorted out a lovely couple this week and on a two year turnaround its saving them nearly £60 a month!
            Cool, cheers for confirming.

Hadn't thought about CH, intention on Elect3 was likely to change it after 3 years anyway...
            Any chance you could PM me an example?

Cheers
            Gav

Comment

Hmm.. One step forward, two steps back...

Had notification from insurance company that the settlement has been accepted, the hire car will cease in 48 hours.. So from midnight Sunday I have no means of transport :-(
              Despite my best efforts, Admiral are addiment that there's nothing they can do... So that leaves me with the prospect of having no car for at least 2 weeks, maybe more as we're now running upto Christmas...

Any ideas on where I can go next?

Am waiting on the pack to come through from gap insurance Co to get that side of things sorted.
              Also been back in contact with Steve at Bristol Street in Derby where I got the car, and he's confirmed there's a few vehicles available in the exact same spec/color, so he should be able to source one. Also reckons finance should come out comparable to current agreement, so that's looking positive...

Cheers
              Gavin

Comment

If you haven't accepted the settlement, then who has?
                Just checking but is it a no fault claim for you?

Comment

Originally posted by joeking27 View Post

If you haven't accepted the settlement, then who has?
                  Just checking but is it a no fault claim for you?
                  Sorry, probably wasn't clear there. I accepted the figure, after the gap insurance Co ok'd it.

The indications are that it should be no fault, however the insurance Co at the rear haven't formally admitted liability yet. They're also of taking phone calls from my insurance Co, so everything is having to be done via letter, which is also slowing it down. :mad:

Cheers
                  Gav

Comment

Quick update from me...

Settlement cheques have been sent out, and CFS are in the process of closing off the finance agreement.
                    GAP insurance Co are ticking away.

Steve @ Bristol Street Derby has secured a vehicle for me, and the order is starting to progress through their systems. CFS proposal has also been approved in principle.

So generally we're getting somewhere... Unfortunately looks like the vehicle is unlikely to move between Christmas and New Year, so looking like early Jan till I'm in a replacement car
                    Also haven't heard back from Admiral as yet with regards to admission of liability, so that seems to be taking a while aswell

Still, I break for Christmas on Monday, and not back at work till the 2nd, so not the end of the world if I haven't got a car...

Cheers
                    Gav

Comment

Just had a text from the woman at the front of the queue, and apparently her DS3 has been written off aswell...

So that's 2 DS3's gone in one incident...

Comment

Quick new years update from me...

Order is progressing nicely for my new wheels... Car should be in dealer tomorrow at the latest. Finance paperwork is all progressing, got a registration number, etc...
                        So looking like I should be able to collect the car later next week

With regards to insurance, all gone quiet No admission of liability from 3rd party at rear as yet, so still no progress on claiming back excess etc...

Nearly there though

Comment

Another quick update from me...
                          Just y home from a weekend away collecting the car and a bit of sight seeing...

Am pleased to announce the arrival of Evv...

Quick pic in the snow next to parents motor home...

And a couple of pics tucked up at home after the drive back..

Unfortunately had an encounter with a gritter on the motorway, so plastered in salt now :-(

Cheers
                          Gav
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure a bit of slat is a small sacrifice just to be back in a DS3 again
                            Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Certainly is... Very glad to have a DS3 back :-)

Comment

hi Glad you have new car
                                DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X