Tasty DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasty DS

I don't use my car often since I retired so it's been parked up for five days until this morning.

It's the first time I've had to top up the screenwash since the summer and I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had the bonnet up since then neither; so I decided to check the oil and have a look around at the same time

WTF is this?

I'll tell you - it's a mouse attack! As far as I can tell it hasn't got around to the wiring insulation course so hopefully no real damage done.

Moral of the story - frighten the buggers out of there at least twice a week from now on!
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Keep those little b*ggers out of there! My barn's riddled with them since the old cat died, and they made a right mess of the wiring of my Barchetta a few years back.

Comment

Thats where a good Cat comes in useful
      A sports Cat LOL
      I'm waiting to get one- bout £500
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Good tip for you is to spray the engine bay with WD40 very liberally, the smell and taste puts the mice off
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Good tip for you is to spray the engine bay with WD40 very liberally, the smell and taste puts the mice off
          I like that idea better than cat piss which a friend recommended!
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Another tip which a friend told me was to buy a pack of hamster hay and leave a pile in the corner as the mice will make a bee line for that instead of your motor. Not sure if it's a good idea as you are kind of encouraging the little blighter's!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I wonder if one of these would void the warranty?

Comment

Working...
              X