Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a damaged DS3 17" bellone wheel - advice please

Evening all,

I have two wheels which were kerbed by the airport parking company (Swift Airport Parking at Luton) and am looking to put them on ebay, but want to know what you lot think is a reasonable price?

Now, notwithstanding that the company have failed to resolve the damage caused (but they have given a refund after months of chasing) as they claim wheels are not covered by their insurance policy or terms and conditions, and that no-one seems to regulate these cowboys, I've bought two new wheels (and a tyre because one of the tyres has a bulge and slit) and want to shift the old ones.

If you look on ebay at the moment, there are a few on there but they are ridiculously priced, in my opinion, with one with more damage than ours at £136!! It's not just me that thinks that is excessive is it?

I can't believe that no-one regulates the parking company and moreso that I have failed to get them to sort it out...

Hi,

I'm amazed they can claim it is not their responsibility (have you read the T&Cs yourself?) - a company is obliged to take reasonable care of your property when looking after it for you. In truth, if clever with T&Cs, the only thing they can't exclude due to their negligence is death, which is clearly not the case here!

Maybe they have got out of it legally, but I'd be putting my day job head on and having their guts for garters, but appreciate you've probably already followed the legal nut crushing approach with no results.

Sorry, can't advise on the re-sale value, might be worth getting the wheels re-furbed?

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Hi Clive,

Believe me I have tried every approach I can think of without actually making a claim against them through the small claims court. I work with contracts and have read their t&cs over and over and they specifically exclude any damage less than a certain size and tyres are specifically excluded. Pictures were taken by them and by myself once reported so the damage was documented, and claimed to be below the size, but, nevertheless they are claiming the damage was not done by them. They tyre bulge only recenlty developed so have struggled to get them to accept that as well. The split in the sidewall was there initially so that was reported, but the bulge made me change the tyre as I was concerned about a blow out and with no spare didn't want the wife getting stranded.

It's a right ball ache, but at least I got the fee refunded.

I've written to Luton airport, the company I booked though online (FHR) and Swift and none accept any liability. I've tried trading standards but haven't received a response yet. I am thinking about trying Watchdog because of other problems (excessive mileage at 23miles - yet they confirmed it was parked less then 2 miles away), a tree branch hanging from the rear suspension, litter in the back seat, muddy footprints in the front and back (obviously used it to ferry workers about), ridiculously low MPG on return (less than 40 on a HDi), radio switched to AM, returned to us with the windows down and music pumping out some foreign AM station... and took ages on both drop off and collection, and all this for the reasonable fee of £60...

I am livid all over again now. Right. Email to Watchdog on it's way!

Comment

A wheel refurb costs £45-£60 /Wheel... Why did you have to buy 2 new ones ???

Comment

Not for a diamond cut refurb - more like £100 per wheel. I brought 2 new for £270, and can sell the old ones so thought it was a better option. Have put the winter wheels on for now so have some flexibility to get them sorted.

Comment

Off topic slightly but of you know anyone with 4 Black Bellones they wanna get rid of ask tem to get in touch please I really need to get a set, thanks
            DSign - Black on Red spotted roof see me around Wales give us a flash!

Comment

There are a couple of rough looking sets on Ebay for about £620 with tyres...

Comment

Cheaper to get new ones from John Nichol

Comment

Iv just had my white bellone wheel refurbed. £35 you can hardly tell its been done. Its £200 for one new one.
                  “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

£35 was good, a new one from John Nichol is £150

Comment

Yea i was realy impressed with £35. If you get on the floor you can tell its done, but you wouldnt know other wise.
                      “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

What did they do to it for that price?! I take it they didn't diamond cut it and re-paint.

I know some will sand the silver edges down and maybe, if you're lucky, stick on a coat of lacquer, but it won't last and doesn't look the same.

I'm happy with my decision and have sold one wheel already on ebay, which means two new wheels should cost me in the region of £100 after selling the old ones, and they are brand new wheels.

Refund from parking company puts it at about £40 cost to me, which isn't great but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

Comment

Hes sanded an lacquered it i think, but im no expert so dont quote me. I think it looks good, which is all i need.

Comment

Working...
                          X