X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything to look out for before pulling the trigger

Hi folks
    First off would just like to say hello to everyone as this is my 1st post

The other halfs 2000 ford focus has finally given up the ghost, so had to go looking at used cars this afternoon. And came across a 2011 DS3 DSPORT HDI 110 in yellow,18500 miles on clock.Which she now as her heart set on.

So what are they like to live with!,are they reliable!should we be looking at petrol models.if we could get any sort of input it would be great before we go and have a 2nd look at it

Reading on here its coming upto its big service soon so maybe could haggle a few hundred off the £12999 price tag if it hasnt had it yet

Thanks in advance Mono

Hi Mono

Had my 2012 eHdi for 8months now and love it. Is this your first diesel? It my first and much more economical than my 2 litre Leon which was petrol. Have you done a test drive of both petrol and diesel?
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Aj

This will be our first diesel mate,ive got an e46 325 coupe petrol which can be thirsty round town.

Other halfs a nurse and does home visits so swaying towards diesel but this might change.No test drives yet but going back tommorrow and will ask to try one of each.

Am i correct in thinking its only £120 for 12months tax!!

Comment

I'm sure it will be fine - do your homework and check it is a good price - and simply tell them to seal the deal you want three years servicing thrown in (that should at least guarantee the next one!).... and check the tread left on the tyres (fronts in particular) and ask them what % brake pads / discs is left (Citroen dealers do this as part of their 'curtosy' checks) - if too low ask them to change them too!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
          I'm sure it will be fine - do your homework and check it is a good price - and simply tell them to seal the deal you want three years servicing thrown in (that should at least guarantee the next one!).... and check the tread left on the tyres (fronts in particular) and ask them what % brake pads / discs is left (Citroen dealers do this as part of their 'curtosy' checks) - if too low ask them to change them too!

Regards,
          Clive.
          Will do...thanks for your input mate its been a 8yrs since we've bought a car so a bit rusty lol

Comment

Thought it was £30. Mine is zero cos it has stop start hence eHDI

Does she do a lot of long journeys or short hops if the latter a petrol maybe a better option
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Mono749
              Maybe find out if the Diesel Particulate filter is up to scratch? Or get an assurance it will be fine
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Diesels Are a really good bet and, reading all problems on here, are by far the most reliable.
                I have had one for just over 2 years and nearly 40,000 fault free miles and still love it!
                p.s. get it re-mapped for fun!

Jimbob

Comment

Working...
                X