Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a DS3 THP 150

Hi All,

I am currently looking around for a new car and this is 1 of the options I am really keen on, I test drove one a while back when my girlfriend was looking for a new car and was really impressed.

I do however have a few concerns.

Firstly, I currently drive an R56 cooper S which is the same engine (although tuned further) than this. One thing I really dislike about the current car is the amount of oil it consumes - I have to fill it up every 2 months. Is this issue also present on the DS3?

Secondly, rattles in the cabin are an absolute pet hate of mine I hate them and unfortunately my Mini has several, are there alot of issues with cabin rattles on the DS3? I also have a squeaky front seat which annoys me too...

Thirdly, subject to the answer to question 1, what kind of power can be had out of a remapped DS3? before my Mini I had an ibiza 1.8t which was remapped to 215bhp/260lb ft.. It was an absolute animal, I miss that car and I miss the torque even more. I intended to tune the Mini when I got it however the oil consumption bothers me far too much and I don't wish to tune it for fear of it making it even worse and clearly if the issue is present on the DS3 i'd be avoiding it on this also (and to be honest I don't want one if I can't tune it!) I would not be doing anything to it apart from remapping, no exhausts etc I like the simplicity of just a remap.

Finally, what common faults are there on these cars?

An honest response would be appreciated,

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt

Reports of oil consumption vary - some seem to use a fair amount of oil, others not.

Some early DS3s had rattles - most seem to have been sorted. Mine rattles far less than most of my previous cars (including an Ibiza).

Those who have remapped will be along shortly with info on the tuning potential.

Apart from some frustrating power loss/hesitation problems (well documented on here - http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...thp+power+loss), my DS3 has been faultless over 35k miles, and I'm seriously thinking of replacing it next year with another THP. The problem seems to be confined to the early-build cars.
    Last edited by gar074; 03-12-2012, 17:59.

Comment

Engine replaced after 16k on my first DS3, couple of niggles and such since then - Citroen have put this down to it being modified and are refusing to help.

Oil consumption, not as regular as two weeks - Every couple of months with mine

Dash rattle and the occasional bit from the sub

Remap is definitely recommended. I think the one done by SPTuning puts out around 190hp/230nm there are other maps available but usually they'd do more harm than good with no other modifications.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi Tyranical- welcome to the club

Oil consumption- I had oil change on 12 months- and its never had another drop before or after. Lucky i spose

Rattles- its not without its rattles although half of mine were glove box and centre console contents, then sat nav mounts etc.
        Last one which is a bit of a pain is the dashboards speedo/rev counter surround bezel which seems to vibrate at a certain speed (From 30mph up)
        Havent got round to sortin it yet. The air vents can rattle too.

Remaps- youll get a different story from any DS3 remapped i reckon. Usually dependant on build date or plain luck! Performance air filter and remap to 185 BHP without other alterations should see you OK
        Up to 220 BHP with exhaust/ intercoolers/ exhaust upsize and sports cat.

CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I have a 60 plate THP and I've topped my oil up once in two years which is pretty good methinks. I've had powerloss problems after 17k but that was sorted out during it's first major service recently, it was fixed just by a software update (was free as it was due to a recall). The only problem I have is an annoying squeaky seat lol. Overall I'm very impressed with the car and its been modded quite a bit with more to come.

My first post but a long time lurker

Comment

Hiya Hawkmoon- certainly a long time Lurker:redface:
            Any mods u wanna share
            How much was your major service , and how many miles on the clock as a matter interest?
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi,

I've toppped up the oil once in 20,000 miles.

Had a couple of rattles in the cabin, dealer soorted, but I came from a perfectly silent VAG group car. Seat belt buckle/anker still rattles sometimes but a quick push and move and it's gone.

Overall really pleased with it, and I'm fussy - would I have another - Yes - you won't too far wrong with it.

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Hiya Hawkmoon- certainly a long time Lurker:redface:
                Any mods u wanna share
                How much was your major service , and how many miles on the clock as a matter interest?
                CBLUE
                Service was £299 but that included a brake fluid change (£45) and an engine flush (£25). 17.8k miles so far.

As for mods:

Forge intercooler
                Forge boost pipes
                Forge blow-off valve
                Forge induction kit
                Forge oil catch-tank
                3D LED rear lights
                Cobra lowering springs 40mm all round but ain't fitted 'em as yet.
                Headlight lamps replaced with Mtec superwhites
                Sidelights replaced with Mtec Extreme (Cree's)
                Indicator lamps with er.. not sure but they're silver
                Various other bulbs replaced with leds inside and number plates etc
                Debadged...thats the first thing I did lol.
                Alpine CDE-133BT head unit so far but lots more to come.

I'm waiting to see what Milltek come up with before I sort out the exhaust, cat & downpipe etc

Comment

Working...
                X