So that was 2012.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that was 2012.....

As we get to the end of the year, I'd thought I'd look back at the year.

7th April
    Rolling Road

8th April
    European Rallycross 2012 1st Round Lydden Hill 8th April 2012

Originally posted by ds3adi
    Cold, Foggy, Wet, Windy and did I say Cold. Colder than Wales in November. But did we have a good time?.....................Of course we did!! Fast DS3's, close up action, the whole VIP parking area to ourselves, nice burgers very close by and free cans of Monster. Yes it was bleedin wet and freezin but a good time was had by all and thanks to those who made it at short notice. Amy Doran (Liams sister) did us proud and we had a great time. Got back very tired but it was worth it to see the cars and especially Liams Monster.

Photos:

France!!
    Myself, ds3adi and Arlow had an awesome weekend away with DS3Spirit
    A Weekend In Poissy & Paris With DS3Spirit

Citroen treats its customers and especially the owners of the DS line, which now form an exclusive club. They were invited to a weekend of your dreams

It's a weekend they will not forget anytime soon. Hundred and fifty special guests, great lovers of Citroen , and especially the DS line, were received on the Poissy site Friday night for a tour of the factory, before being greeted by Gaëlle Monteiller, the Site Director, Thierry Metroz, the director of Citroën style, and Frederic Banzet, CEO of the brand, for an evening full of surprises.

In confidentiality until September, the Citroën however did not hesitate to open its doors for the DS Days, an operation. To celebrate the success of models DS3, DS4 and DS5, already with 200,000 sales just two years.

After a visit to the studio dressing box, then a transition to the assembly hall, the fans ended the visit at a run by the racing workshop, specially dedicated to the DS3. The excited VIP did not hide their joy behind the scenes of making the car of their dreams.
    Holland, Britain, Belgium, Pas de Calais, Haute-Marne, Oise and Yvelines course, the fans did not hesitate to hit the road for this unique opportunity.
    "We closed our restaurant for the evening, and I can tell you it is very rare," say Agnes and Jean-Guy Paternotte, came from Noyon (Oise).
    This pair of fifties swears by Citroën.

"The comfort is unmatched," said Jean-Guy, who admits to having been seduced by the concept number nine, the new premium sedan which will be officially presented at the Beijing Auto Show, April 23, and they had a glimpse through a movie broadcast advertising for the occasion. "It will not for now, but I can not wait to try it," says the restaurateur.

A little further on, the fans of the DS3 flock to the huge black box installed on a stage. Some possible to see the killer DS3 convertible that will not be presented to the public before school starts. "Frankly, it looks pretty good," says Amaury, a young 20 year old student whose parents come to offer a DS3. For most fans, including many members of the forum DS3 Spirit, a museum visit Citroën was held Saturday and, for fans of WRC rallies, laps in Citroen DS3 were held yesterday afternoon at the circuit Sougy , Orléans (Loiret). We'll drive the same car that Sebastien Loeb , "raved already two friends who came especially from Boulogne-sur-Mer (Pas-de-Calais).

Photos:

6th May
    Run in the Sun

Brighton Festival Fringe
    Lovingly sponsored by Citreon

16th June
    The BIG ONE!
    ds3club.co.uk GB NATIONAL 2012

Heritage Motor Centre | Banbury Road | Gaydon | Warwickshire | CV35 0BJ
    There will be a Trade Area at the show and negotiations have begun with some of your favourite dealers to attend. There will also be the chance for lectures about various DS3 related topics during the day.

17th June
    French Car Show
    Donington Park Circuit | Castle Donington | Derby | DE74 2RP
    This year’s show celebrates a new venue, new website and new attractions. We have rammed the venue to the brim with activities, access to the world famous track (drive in the tracks of Senna etc), British Drift Championship on Tour, Free Renaultsport Track Day passenger rides, live action, Meguiars Top 25, Rally Stage (dust free), all on a compact site.

Photos:

28 June - 1 July
    Goodwood Festival of Speed - Courtesy of Citroen UK

Photos

2nd September
    Trax
    TRAX - The Ultimate Performance Car Event
    Club Displays
    The massive car club displays at TRAX are bigger than any other UK car show! Over 200 clubs attend with over 3500 cars representing a huge variety of marques and models! Expect to see everything from classic Corvettes to performance enhanced Skylines, whatever marque you’re into, you’ll find it at TRAX.

Photos:

13th - 16th September
    WRC Rally - Wales

Normandy 2013 - 5 day trip?
    National 2
    Ace Cafe - London - French Classic & Performance Cars (3rd Monday of each Month)

An epic year!

Thank you to everyone here at DS3Club! I've had another great year with you. Some awesome days out. Again, made some great friends and got to know a few of you better and affirmed stronger friendships. Even with the abuse I get from Martin I still consider him one my my closet friends .....we just need to get the telepathy sorted.

HUGE thanks to Martin for all he has done for the club <3

He'll get upset if I don't mention him; Den.

We are nearly at 3000 members. We wouldn't keep climbing if it wasn't for each of you contributing the ever growing success of the site. Thank you for helping and making it a great place to be.

From posts about cats in wigs to helpful DS3 threads, we have pretty much everything covered!

Really looking forward to 2013.

I may have missed something out from the year but I have gone a bit doolally with the links/images/formatting. Will edit again when I can see straight
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Aahh, Sizzle last meets and Shakira's first meet driving through Paris at three days old! Good memories and more to come.

Only time our telepathy doesn't work is when your baking and forget my breakfast muffins, lol. Bezzie :0)

Comment

Oooooooooooosh! Awesome write up. Top memories with you guys, thanks!
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Wish I could attend more meeting with you guys but the National was awesome and it was great catching up with everybody.

Carla loved being with all your DS3's
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Wish I could attend more meeting with you guys but the National was awesome and it was great catching up with everybody.

Carla loved being with all your DS3's
          Road trip up to Bigfeet in the summer?
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• Martin driving in Paris in his 3 day old DS3, turning a corner to be greeted with the Arc de Triomphe at the top of the hill *gulp*
            • Mojitos and epic burgers with Martin, Arlow Kaibilly and his lovely lady in a diner after the event listening the blues in France
            • Being one of the first to see the Cabrio
            • VIP's at Lydden Hill, and parking with Liam Dorans Racing
            • The National!
            • Biggie joining us, top man for the epic journey down
            • Impressive turnout of member cars for our club area at FCS. Made me very prrrouu-d
            • Seb Loeb joining our convoy
            • Sitting in a soggy field, watching Wil Cwac Cwac with Mix, Matt, Zack and Dan. So random, but very funny.
            • The Carousel Ride
            • The free wine
            • Finally meeting Fisher!!!!!
            • Attempting Light Graffiti with Fisher and Mix
            • Martin embarrassing me in front of my future husband Thierry Neuville
            • Driving in convoy at any event, nothing beats it! WRC was the best yet. Waves from passers by, we sure know how to turn heads.

My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Holding down the gazebo's at the National in gale force winds.
              Arlows big holes in France.
              Joni asking why sun rays happen.
              Virtually driving in the ditch of the hard shoulder so Joni can take a pic of Arlows Racing.
              Getting Citroen Staff at Paris Motor Show to hold the club logo for pics.
              Interesting conversations on the radio in convoy.
              Thinking the big stage had the DS9 in it but turned out to be the Cabrio.
              Enjoying everything and everyone in our great club.

Just dawned on me that all but one of the events was run by me! Believe it or not I'm not an official anything so if anyone wants to organise a meet go ahead. Just don't clash with mine, lol.

Comment

Great thread. Wish I had been around earlier on in the year but really enjoyed the meets I attended and met some great people... Roll on 2013

Comment

Busy year for a good number of you! Thanks for an awesome members forum. Bring on 2013 ;D

Comment

Carousel rides are made of win!

I really enjoyed WRC, especially getting to meet some of the people from here.

Comment

Some really nice pics there!

whats with the ds racing :eek:
                      MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

It was available for test drive at Goodwood Festival of Speed and someone put it in the hay bales (not a club member, lol)

Comment

omg what a shame lol
                          MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

Some fantastic pics well done one and all!
                            RED & BLACK WHITE SPOTTY ROOF THP 155

Comment

Good Year ! Look forward to 2013 with you guys

Comment

Working...
                              X