Dealer called me up today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer called me up today....

(Before i start, this may be one for BigFeet.)

I received the bog standard email from Citroen that my car was on it's way on the 19th of October. Then today the dealer rings me up and says the car is in Calais, so I had my happy smiley moment and then the weird thing starts.

He offers me a 37" HD TV if i go on Wednesday to give them the Deposit and sign the papers, So i became quite wary and asked why, to which he said it was because that way all the paperwork was complete when the car arrived. I said i would talk it over with my parents and would call back (can always trust the parents).

Spoke to them and they said, call him back and say no...(Reason being that as there is no car, we have no idea if they would disappear with the money, or if then the car wasn't the correct one would they fix the problems etc.)....which I immediately done.

The dealer then said that it was OK, and the car would be here next week. I would have to go on the day the car arrives to do all the paperwork and give the deposit and then the next day take it home (still do not agree with that)

BigFeet is this standard practice, offering TVs so they get there money before i get my car or should I be worried?

Sounds like all they are doing is offering you an incentive to pay before the end of October; I'd take it - if you 've had an email from Citroen saying that the car's left the factory I'd suggest that there's a reasonable chance that it exists!

Comment

Did you mean they were asking for full payment and registration to be signed? I would maybe of considered it but I would want it in writing that any problems pre-collection are to be sorted within 2 days or something else full refund.

Im supposed to get mine this week... but they say the transporters turn up without warning so can not confirm... I could do with a TV.

Comment

Well With Mine, I Had A Phone Call Saying It Had Come In That Day ( Did NOT Have To Go Down ) And That I Could Pick It The Next Morning Which Is When I Signed The Papers And Paid The Deposit ( This Took A Max Of 10 Mins ), Then I Had The Handover And An Explaination Of Everything And Drove Off lol

Comment

Sounds like they're trying to get the registration finalised before the end of the calendar month, so they can earn their dealer bonus, or meet their sales targets.

I don't see what you've got to lose by giving them a deposit and taking delivery when they suggest. If the car's not what you've ordered (did you order leather seats? - sorry Tony), you can withhold the balance, as they'll be in breach of contract, and you'll be entitled to a refund of your deposit.

I could do with a new TV too ...

Comment

mine happened just like Zack's experience, however i had to leave a small deposit that was refunded during handover. i too only recieved a phone call from the dealer on the day it arrived to them
            Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

Its so that the salesman can reach his monthly sales, more sales means more money as most work on a basic and rely on bonus.

You will have an offical receipt

Comment

Hmmm, how much is the deposit? I need a new telly, I'll pay your first deposit as long as you agree to give me the TV!

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                  I need a new telly, I'll pay your first deposit as long as you agree to give me the TV!
                  Rats!! You beat me to it, irishRob!

Comment

serves you right gar !!!
                    anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Deposits 10% pmsl.

Comment

What's going on is that the dealer wants the reg before the end of the month so he canl hit a higher percentage of his target, more bonus money can be earned.

The reason the dealer is asking for full payment is that as soon as the car is regristered it's removed from the dealers free stocking plan, meaning that he has to pay for it. If at that point you pull out of the deal then the dealer is left with a fully paid unit, regardless if it get un-regristered later.

Dealers do has reg targets to meet and depending on what stage the dealer is at depends on what money is given, ie 120% retro of target on all count & earn units. The money on your bonnet will pay for the TV, but the dealer could stand to earn thousands on bonus payments on the other bonnets.

To be honest there's no reason not to accept the dealers offer, you get a TV and the DS3 and the dealer can paid his team a little bit more, everybody wins.

I'm sorry to waffle on for a bit but just trying to fill in the blanks for you guys.
                        Last edited by Bigfeet; 26-10-2010, 08:38.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sounds like you're getting a better deal than me...

I got a call from my dealer yesterday saying that the car was on it's way to Britain but he wouldn't give me a firm delivery date. He does however, want me to go in tomorrow to finalise the financing and registration before delivery. At no point did he mention a 37" TV being part of the deal! I'm a bit weary of paying the deposit or signing anything until I'm sure the car has been built to my spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy150 View Post
                            I'm a bit weary of paying the deposit or signing anything until I'm sure the car has been built to my spec.
                            You are kinda like me man, do not wanna sign anything till i got keys in my hand and i know everything is kool. Being first car i have bought, parting with my money is making me a sceptic lol

Comment

Originally posted by Andy150 View Post
                              I got a call from my dealer yesterday saying that the car was on it's way to Britain but he wouldn't give me a firm delivery date. He does however, want me to go in tomorrow to finalise the financing and registration before delivery. At no point did he mention a 37" TV being part of the deal! I'm a bit weary of paying the deposit or signing anything until I'm sure the car has been built to my spec.
                              Do NOT sign anything until you've seen the car and it has been checked! Let the dealer worry about meeting his month-ends, you worry about getting the car you ordered - simple Simon really.

Comment

Working...
                              X