Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a DS3 and dogs? Dog cages, keeping car clean etc

Let me explain my situation...
    I have 2 cars...the DS3 and an elderly Peugeot.
    I have 2 collies that love walks.

I keep the DS3 for clean duties, as I want to keep it that way. eg no dogs.
    The Peugeot is used for taking the dogs out in.

Peugeot costs about £600 a year to keep insured, taxed and serviced.

I want to get a dog cage for the boot of the DS3 and lose the Peugeot, but can't seem to find any cages specifically for the DS3 on the web. I called a company called Barjo, whom said that I could get one for about £400 if they had one that fitted, or I could get a bespoke one made for about £450. In all fairness, I would sooner keep the Peugeot as it is fun to drive and not a lot more in running costs than buying their cage. I am not keen on a dog guard, as I hate hoovering the hairs off the inside side panels of the boot etc.

So can anyone point me in the direction of a cage that will fit in the boot that is sufficient for two medium dogs and is not overly pricey. I saw this on the web and wondering if to buy it to see if it fits, as similar floorpan to the DS3.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1508942031...84.m1423.l2649

Any suggestions of a solution would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Hi Phil,

You sure you can get two dogs in a cage in a DS3 Phil? Will be interested to see what anyone suggests. That cage doesn't appear very large..?

I've got two Labradors but they are not allowed in my DS3 (it's the OCD) - I use a Kia Sportage as a second car for them - admittedly probably costs a bit to run but no real idea, it only does 22 mpg to be honest. I've got a dog guard across the boot area and they've got loads of room.....sorry, not sure what to suggest, my gut feel is for £600 a year, I'd keep the second car....

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I have a english Springer spaniel and he sits in the back but he's also been in the back of a aygo .
      61 Yellow + Black DS3 Dstyle+ Vti 120
      60 Blue Toyota Aygo 1.0 ( Work Car )
      57 Cool Blue Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Design (Work Car)
      56 Black C4 VTR+ Hatch 1.6
      03 Mauritius Blue Saxo Desire 1.1

Comment

Heya i have a staffie and all we do is raise the rear seats headsupports so she cant jump over the seats and obviously take out the parcelshelf and its more than enough room :-).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
        Citroen DS3 90bhp e-hdi Colour changing edition! (Botticelli blue / black...blue looks white at night!)

Comment

Hi
          I have a medium sized schnauzer she goes in the boot we have a boot cover she sits on. Mind you our dog doesn't molt so is a perfect solution for us. Wen we bought the ds3 whether we would get the dig in was a big consideration. Would you be able to get two collies in the boot? Id say try them know there in the boot first before you shell out. Good luck!!

Comment

My border collie sits in the boot with a boot guard and her bed on top, you can get car hammocks which protect the back seats completely if you wanted to put them there.

Comment

Pet gear boot cover is good. Not long bought it but it has done the trick so far. It fastens over the back head rests and covers the whole boot. It has a flap that comes out to cover the bumper as well. Easily installed and removed and is machine washable. I have 2 lhasa apsos and it's perfect for them. The only thing I need to do is clean nose prints on the inside of the back window when they decide they want to look out at other cars ha. It's good quality and costs between £20-£30 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Other option is to use dog harness and seat belt clips, using the floor mounted load clips you can hook the dogs onto those.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I have a yellow lab that I obviously want to take out in my ds3. Previous to this he has sat in the back seat of a car (my DS3 is my first car but we take him out in my boyfriend's Audi a3, and occasionally he has been in my dads Citroen c4 Picasso). However my interior is leather and I would rather not have it scuffed/punctured by his nails. Has anyone had a lab in the boot of their ds3? I will buy a boot gaurd and a mat to protect the floor, but I'm worried he won't fit. He's a hunting type lab, not a show type so a bit taller and skinnier than the ones are crufts ha ha.

Comment

He will go in as long as you remove the shelf, the lower space is okay for a lab but higher up he will find it a little tighter because of the glass.

As for the protection I can't recommend Boot Buddy enough
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My two Hungarian Vizslas and they go in the back ok and they are each larger than a lab, I have a liner which protects the floor, back of seats and leather. I also use a thick mat to cover the rear bumper.

Having said that I bought a second car for them, a Nissan Micra ha ha ha, its snug but they both get in that, just.

Comment

Do they drive the Micra on their own ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          Do they drive the Micra on their own ?
                          Mrs SFG had the seat down the first time she took them out and they were both up there with her.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            Hi
                            I have a medium sized schnauzer she goes in the boot we have a boot cover she sits on. Mind you our dog doesn't molt so is a perfect solution for us. Wen we bought the ds3 whether we would get the dig in was a big consideration. Would you be able to get two collies in the boot? Id say try them know there in the boot first before you shell out. Good luck!!
                            We also have a standard (medium sized) Schnauzer. She goes in the rear boot space as well, and there is enough room. Although we would prefer a dog guard, at the moment we raise the rear head rest's and use a harness fixed to the lad clips in the floor. Not ideal, but does the job. It's a shame citroen do not make a dog guard to fit the DS3.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12359630_910236152385442_125293782_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	360150
                              These two fit in just, fine

Comment

Working...
                              X