Stupid economy mode when engine not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
    I seem to recall the manual saying that if you've used up your 30 mins and you start & stop the engine to reactivate the power supply, it only allows you the same period of time powered-up that you actually left the engine running for, before it cuts out again.

It's a bloody nonsense. The only way to listen to the radio while parked up for more than 30 minutes is to keep the engine running! So much for PSA's "economy mode"!! It also means that it's not possible to leave the sidelights on while parked up at night, which I believe the Highway Code sometimes requires.

If it's required because of PSA's wiring setup, then they should change their wiring setup! Yes, occasionally someone will absent-mindedly run their battery flat, but there are other, less draconian ways of minimising that risk, as other manufacturers seem to manage to.

Rant over!

^^^What he said + its definitely GAY

Comment

That's why god invented portable radios, or better yet, smartphones!

just need a pair of headphones to act as an antenna and sorted - removes all risk of battery going flat.
      DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Greaterix View Post

just need a pair of headphones to act as an antenna and sorted - removes all risk of battery going flat.
        Apart from when you're using the cars speakers to play anything from your phone and you lose all sound after 30minutes..
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

For all of those who wished to know a little bit more about the Economy Mode (and seeing as I can't link the documents from Citroen) there is a very well written guide on the C4 Owners website which goes into some details about it's function

http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.10.87

Well worth a read if you have a spare few minutes.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Greaterix View Post

Trannies as I said earlier but someone hit confused with geezer bird
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Yep- the economy mode sucks
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Apart from when you're using the cars speakers to play anything from your phone and you lose all sound after 30minutes..
                Or there's more than one person (whether or not a tranny!) trying to listen ...
                Last edited by gar074; 09-01-2013, 18:16.

Comment

When my car hit a pot hole the other week I had to call the AA.

I parked up and flicked on the hazards and started to listen to the radio it was 10.30 at night pissing with rain 10 mins later radio was dead had to sit another hour in total silence ..............................deep joy
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Working...
                  X